“Escape from the big Apple and transformed..” 5 of 5 stars

The Village Latch Inn
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   101 Hill Street, Southampton, NY 11968   |
Ranked #5 of 7 Southampton B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Escape from the big Apple and transformed..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

My family first came to the a Village a Latch many years ago, when there was a blackout in NYC. My mother called and the lovely woman on the phone said come out we will have a room for you. I went with my parents and we stayed in the cabana right by the pool.. It was wonderful. For the past many years we would come to the village latch in the summer. It is very deceiving, once you drive onto the property, you are transformed to a beautiful country escape. All of the rooms are different decorated with unique detail. The rooms are always ready upon arrival very clean and very comfortable beds. So fir years after my father passed away I would come with my mother in the summer. We would sit by the pool, I would spin and we would usually chat with the Kenner Martin in the afternoon. It felt like home. Last summer I wanted to get out of the city, Marta the owner picked up the phone, I said its CR and Marta said to me "just come out.." I think she could sense my sadness and hesitation. It was my first visit back since I list my mother. While sad when I arrived it was also comforting. Trish is the best, made me feel so comfortable and not alone. Marta told me to just annoy myself and remember mom. Lowis, Susan and all of the staff at the Village latch.. THANK YOU. I lost my best friend but I can still enjoy a beautiful place that Mom loved especially her coffee in the AM in the front of the house.
I hope to keep coming back for many more summers. Thank you Village Latch for my escape and making me feel at home.

Room Tip: Them main house is most requested but all of the rooms have their win charm.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Once again a wonderful experience. I have spent many a weekend over the years
at The Village Latch and it never fails. The rooms are charming, eclectic, cozy and warm.
The staff and service always friendly and helpful. The tennis courts and swimming pool always
a plus. The upkeep of the grounds and landscaping particularly stand out. Looking forward
to another weekend.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We just came back from the Hamptons and really enjoyed our stay at The Village Latch Inn. It was peaceful, relaxing, and enjoyable. The kids loved spending time in the outdoor pool, running around on the beautiful lawn, and playing for free on the tennis court. We had a large suite and each room was decorated differently by the owners with art from around the world that the kids enjoyed exploring. We accidentally broke one piece of art, but the owner was very gracious about it. We also had a fireplace in our room and the staff helped us get the fire started so that we could sit by the fire and roast marshmallows. All in all, they provided excellent service and we had a wonderful trip. We are all looking forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: One of the things that make this place so nice is that each room is different. It is not all a cooki...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Marblehead, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Four of us spent a long weekend at the Latch and enjoyed it immensely. The hotel, 100 years old, with the charm of a New England inn, is furnished with antiques and an eclectic art collection. Our rooms were cozy and comfortable: each with its own unique furnishings. We loved to sit in the large art-filled common room with glasses of wine before going out for the evening. Mornings we planned our days over excellent coffee and continental breakfasts. The grounds are inviting. The location, a short walk to the village, couldn’t be better. I would characterize the experience as warm, friendly, charming, unpretentious and the exact opposite of a generic city-type hotel. As an artist I can appreciate that special creative ambience.

Room Tip: There are several buildings on the property. We all stayed in the main building.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

The Village Latch is the ultimate Hamptons holiday experience. Beautrifully set on 15 acres in Southampton, the Inn is a collection of "cottages" of different sizes and decors. Ours was a one- bedromm suite with a large living room, a kitchen and its own front door. Each room was decorated individually by the owners and is filled with art and memorabilia collected from around the world by the Inn Keeper. The Inn also has a large lawn area, a tennis court and a swimming pool.

The staff was very friendly and efficient and the overnight stay comes with a nice breakfast, indoors or outside.

All in all, a perfect experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Having watched so many shows about the Hamptons I have always wanted to holiday there and experience the Hamptons way of life. So I booked a room in the Village latch inn, booked my ticket from London and off I went.
I was not disappointed! The Village latch inn is situated within walking distance of Cooper’s beach, rated the #1 beach in the US, it is also 5 minutes’ walk from the village.
I really enjoyed the room I stayed in, it was very comfortable, roomy, and clean and we had a great view of the gardens from our balcony. Aside from the usual amenities, each room is adorned with a piece of art picked out by the owners, the owners themselves are very artistic and one can see some of their works in the lobby of the hotel.
A sumptuous breakfast is served in the garden (or inside the dining hall if you wish), I met some of the other guests and we had pleasant conversations over breakfast. However if you don’t want to eat there the house concierge will make suggestions and reservations for any of the many eateries in the area.
The grounds are very expansive and neatly kept. There is a large swimming pool to relax in and places to sit throughout the grounds if you just want some peace and quiet.
Overall I had a great time throughout my stay and highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I rented my own villa for our family reunion celebration. We had 10 bedrooms and a country kitchen with a huge living room. The rooms were tastefully decorated with antiques from the owners collection. Each room truly has a different personality! We enjoyed relaxing on the lovely estate grounds. The kids played tennis and swam every day.The hotel staff was courteous and professional. They gave us suggestions for trips for the kids and even set up a green house with tables and chairs for our reunion brunch. The location is amazing as it's only a short walk to town and to the beach. I have stayed at the Village Latch in the past but each vacation seems better than the last one. They are always renovating and redesigning the rooms. In the age of sameness this place stands out. I would definitely recommend this place for a family vacation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Village Latch Inn? Share your experiences!