“Plethora of Yummy Options” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Dessert, Ice Cream
South Wales, New York
“Plethora of Yummy Options”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I are regulars. Besides being the only ice cream shop around, they have an incredible selection of ice cream alternatives. For example, they have several flavors of a soy-based dairy-free ice cream. They even have a selection of lactose-free or sugar-free options. I go for the regular stuff, like cookies n’ cream or salted caramel crunch, but we both enjoy their frozen custard from time to time. They even have a variety of cone options, like gluten free or white chocolate dipped waffle cones. I would say that their prices are fair. On our last outing, we both had a very generous portion of frozen custard on gluten free cones, and we paid less than $5. We definitely paid less for our desserts there than we did throughout Europe.

In addition to ice cream, they also offer florist services. I have used them before to order flowers for my wife, and the flowers lasted for at least a couple of weeks.

So, if your travels take you through the bustling metropolis of South Wales, New York, I recommend making a stop at Scoops and Stems for a scoop of ice cream, some frozen custard or even a shake.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Pennsylvania
“A little expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This ice cream parlor, while decorated beautifully, was just very pricey for this area. The portions were small, and they cost more than we like to pay.

Visited June 2013