“Good Barbeque” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Hauppauge, New York
“Good Barbeque”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Dave's has a rustic atmosphere and decor to go along with this menu. I have had the Platter and most everything on the menu, and have not been disappointed. The staff is energetic and attends to your every need. Management has the desire to see you leave smiling and happy, and with take home bags too. The different areas can get noisy at times, however, normally it is a good family atmosphere with normal levels of conversation. I would recommend Famous Dave's to anyone who desires good barbeque at reasonable prices!

Visited February 2012

Long Island City, New York
“No Barbeque Compares!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We enjoy the location in Smithtown. Cajun atmoshere, fire place and comfortable seating. You will be greated by a staff that sincerely is happy that you stopped in. We order the family special, it's served on a garbage can lid! So much fun!

Visited October 2012
NYC
“New place to try and it was Good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I had the BBQ shrimp for an app with Hubby and that I think was one of the best things I ate. I found the ribs to be a little light on the meat side :O) and not what I expected from a person who won awards for Ribs.. Maybe a little over rated but I will SAY YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE BREAD PUDDING THAT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I was sad I shared that with Hubby. GET YOUR OWN..

Enjoy!1

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Babylon, New York
“Great BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Famous Dave is great for the whole family or just me and some friends. Food is good and OK to good selection of beer. We like all of the BBQ sauces. The place is usually clean and the staff quick. They have a great two meat lunch special that cheap and filling!!!

Visited September 2012
Smithtown, New York
“SO SO FOOD & SERVICE”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

No comparison to the Buffalo Famous Dave's. Servers at the Smithtown venue get annoyed if you make even the slightest request. For instance, they serve rock hard butter with warm corn muffins which fall apart as you attempt to apply the butter. There is no spreading so apply fits.
Also, since I've been here before, I requested that the burned ribs not be hidden under the good ribs. The server took offense at this saying that never happens. The only reason we returned was because the manager replaced the ribs on a previous visit.

• Visited April 2012