“for one moment I thought that I was in Greece” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 97 Restaurants in Smithtown
Cuisines: Greek
Calverton, New York
“for one moment I thought that I was in Greece”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

Last Saturday I dined with friends from the company that my boyfriend works with. Even tho it was a Saturday nite they accomodated us and put three tables together for us. The food was amazing. The service was outstanding. The wait staff constantly refilled our glasses with ice water. The food, service, wine ,music and laughter made me imagine for a moment that I was in Greece. At the end of the evening when most of the diners had left there were even a few dishes smashed ! What a wonderful find !

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good greek”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2008

Good greek

New York
“Mykonos is Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2008

I agree wholeheartedly with the previous writer that Mykonos is a true standout among Greek restaurants in an area replete with Greek restaurants.
I have gone to Mykonos innumerable times with my friends on our lunch hour and the lunch menu is not only delicious but also a great bargain. They offer high quality food with a generous selection of lunches, as well as large portions of outstanding food. There is often so much that I have to take some home. And the wait staff is so nice. They never balk when you ask them to wrap the soup when you order. Many restaurants either refuse or make you feel uncomfortable.
I also go there for dinner - in fact , I was on TripAdvisor looking for their Sunday hours when I decided to add my review -- and the quality , choice, and quantity is equally good.
Like I said, ( and I say this as a Greek-American) , there are so many Greek restaurants on Long Island to choose from but Mykonos is truly my favorite among them.

smithtown, NY
“My absolute FAVORITE Greek restaurant in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2008

There are several Greek restaurants in the area - none compare to Mykonos. We've been eating lunch/dinner/takeout there for the last 13 yrs and have never been disappointed. We bring out of town friends - even from Europe there and they are impressed. Their grilled octopus is fabulous - and if its not up to par on any particular day, Linda will tell you. Nothing has changed in the quality of the food over the years. It's family owned/operated. All of the authentic Greek dishes are great and the specials are just that - special. Try it you'll love it.