“Never Disappointed” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 97 Restaurants in Smithtown
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: We are a family owned and operated restaurant. Our meal's are prepared to order to accommodate our customers. We offer seasonal outdoor seating and have a beautiful bar with happy hour. We are both family friendly as well as romantic. We can host Private parties for up to 75-80 people. Takeout and off premise catering available. We also do free local delivery with a $25 minimum.
Hauppauge, New York
“Never Disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We eat at Sal's Restaurant almost every Friday evening. Sal's offers unique specials which are consistently terrific. The food is excellent and at a reasonable price. We always feel comfortable and welcomed. The staff takes pride in their restaurant with attentive and professional service. We are so happy we "discovered" Sal's. If you want authentic, homemade Italian food with great food, great service and great atmosphere, Sal's is the place to go.

• Visited February 2014

Commack, New York
“Surprise Party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I had my wife's surprise party at Sal's. The staff was great when working the party and the food was excellent. All my guest really enjoyed their meals from the appetizers (Calamari ala Cherry Peppers, Sausage and Zucchini with melted Gorgonzola) to the main course choices. Sal was a great host and we enjoyed the time spent there for the party. Definitely be back.

Kings Park, New York
“Sal's Ristorante is THE place to go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

For a romantic evening or a fun time with friends, Sal's Ristorante is the place to go! Dishes 5 stars; service 5 stars; atmosphere 5 stars!

You will be glad you came and be definitely be planning to go come back!

flat pizza dough, baked crisp and topped with chopped salad and fresh mozzarella, or our homemade focaccia – soft baked bread slathered with hand-crushed tomatoes and garlic...hungry yet?

Smithtown, New York
“Sadly a disappointment.....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

we were excited to try Sal's....as we live less than a mile away and have been looking for a good place for Italian food. We went on a Sunday in December and left disappointed. The portion size was considerably smaller than other establishments serving the same food. The taste of all 4 dishes that were ordered was bland at best. My father ordered a special that was up on the board (which was sadly NOT one of the specials that were listed on the website) and it was to come with peas. When the dish was finally delivered it had zucchini in it.... the waitress never mentioned a change to the meal. When we were finally able to get her attention and asked her about the peas she stated....."oh, yeah it should have peas....it did last night...... weird.....if you want I can bring you a cup of peas"...... REALLY?!?!?!
There were 2 other tables with customers and it took the staff FOREVER to do anything..... take our order, bring a beverage, deliver food, never came to see how our meal even was, and then to get the check and leave was other longgggg wait.
Sadly, we will not be returning.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
salcfd, Owner at Sal's Ristorante Bar Pizzeria, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Hello my name is Sal and I am the owner of Sal's Ristorante. I just saw your post of the experience you had at my restaurant and am very surprised at the post. I am not sure what dishes you tried that evening or who your server was, but we pride ourselves on preparing each dish to order a well as being attentive to each table. I wish if you had a problem that evening that you would have ask for me. It is my goal and my staff's goal to make sure ALL of our patrons leave happy. I would like the opportunity to have you come dine with us again, so I can personal make it up to you. Please call me at 543-6000 when you have a moment to chat.

Sal
Rome, Italy
“Agreed! He Who Eats Well, Lives Well!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Made my way back into Long Island to discover that Sal's in Smithtown has been renamed. Known for his traditional home made Italian dishes, Sal continues to offer the best tasting Italian food on Long Island. From Clams Oreganata to Ocshi del Bue Arrabbiata each dish is prepared just right and spicy. The dining area setting is ideal for small or larger groups and a great place for even a romantic dinner. The bar offers a full dinner service as well as a great selection of carefully selected wines form great regions in Italy. Sal knows his wine! Located on the main drag of Smithtown and easy to find, I will make the trip back for another great meal.P.S., if you like Eggplant Parmigiana lightly dipped in batter then you will love this dish Sal prepares. A meal in itself.

• Visited November 2013