“A fabulous bed and breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Arbor House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Skaneateles
Arbor House Inn
You added Arbor House Inn to your Saves list
41 Fennell St., Skaneateles, NY 13152   |
Ranked #3 of 12 Skaneateles B&B and Inns
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
“A fabulous bed and breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Arbor House Inn the week of June 10. We were delighted with the accommodations. Ws stayed in the "back house" which was newer and beautifully decorated. Included king size bed and a king trundle bed, gas fireplace (which we didn't use), separate bath with jacuzzi, small balcony with table and two chairs and TV. Our host, Wayne, cooked a wonderful breakfast every day - eggs, sausage, pancakes or French toast and wonderful pasties from nearby Sherwood Inn. We were able to walk into the Village every day for shopping and restaurants. There was a grocery store, CVS, and nail salon within steps of the Arbor House Inn. We attended the wedding of a close friend's daughter and the Inn was filled with family members. Love, love, loved the Arbor House and would go again!

Room Tip: Checkout the website, the accommodations are described. Sorry, no pool or fitness center.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Victor, NY, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We've been staying at B/B's for nearly 27 yrs! The Arbor House Inn provided the perfect setting for me to surprise my husband for his 70th birthday! Our suite, the Concord Master Suite, was beautifully decorated, freshly painted with soft shades, gorgeous drapes and such a comfortable King bed. Our explansive bathroom had an enormous two-person jetted Jacuzzi, wonderful supply of towels and accompanying shower. Going through our front floor-to-ceiling windows, we could sit on our own private porch! Our room was immaculate, and breakfast was delicious. Being the only guests that weekday night, our breakfast was prepared by Wayne...made to order! He had previously made some excellent recommendations for this surprise birthday get-away. We had a wonderful dinner at Mirbeau and the next day, walked around town before heading down West Lake Road to do a wine tasting at Anyela's Vineyards! We sat out on the deck overlooking the Lake. They offer several fruit/cheese plates which was just perfect for a light lunch. You MUST look into having dinner at Niles Bistro, located out in the middle of nowhere, between Skaneateles and Oswego Lakes! With only 4 tables and many organic foods, yourmeal will be one of the best you've ever had. I tried Sandie's elk and it simply melted in my mouth.
Recently The Sherwood Inn purchased The Arbor House, but Wayne will be staying on for several months during the transition. If you're considering a stay in/near Skaneateles, you MUST book one of the lovely rooms at The Arbor House Inn.

Room Tip: Ask Wayne for advice about restaurants, wineries, live theatre...he can certainly provide you with m...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

The Arbor House Inn was perfect! My boyfriend and I wanted to get away for a few days to do some hiking and mountain biking. The Arbor House was a perfect "home base" for us! Breakfast was delicious and a great way to fuel up for our activities each day. The best part was returning to a room with a Jacuzzi tub to take care of those tired muscles! We stayed in the Merlot room which is in the renovated barn, or backhouse. Our room was upstairs and it was so quiet I thought we were the only guests upstairs. We were not, but I didn't find out until our last day there were guests in the room across the hall from us. The room was very spacious with a large en-suite bathroom. The Inn is located a short distance from downtown so we were able to walk to the restaurants for dinner. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Waltham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is the second year in a row that my two friends from college and I have made Skaneateles the meeting spot for our biannual girls' weekend. This is the first year we have stayed at the Arbor House Inn, and we absolutely loved it. Wayne was a really great host and was pleasant to chat with, and he was super friendly. He provided great service and was very accommodating to my gluten allergy, which I appreciate greatly. We opted for the Concord Master Suite, which was roomy, and cozy, all at the same time. The room and the entire house itself was really clean, which is always important to us, and has beautiful furniture. At the end of our stay, Wayne let us have a look over at the recently renovated Back House, which houses 5 more beautiful and modern rooms, and a spacious apartment, the Bella Rose We were ready to move in when we saw the Bella Rose, and agreed that we would opt for it next year. All in all, Arbor House is a great option for service, price, and having close proximity to the center of town. As always, we love Mirbeau Spa and visited Anyela's Vineyards this year, a beautiful setting with a fun vibe to it. Please go!

Room Tip: Talk to Wayne. He will guide you in the right direction to help you chose the best room for your ne...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Marathon NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and I needed a vacation and the Arbor House was what we needed. I read the reviews of Wayne not being there but it did not make a difference. We think that people that run their own business in this day and age are great. We have paid more for chain hotels without the ambience that we enjoyed here. Frankly, we had great service just as if we were in a 5 star hotel. We stayed in the Bella Rose. It is an apartment with a huge kitchen, inviting living room and delightful bedroom with a deck. It is also not on the main street but is walking distance from the town and is quiet. Fireplace, Jacuzzi and space were great. We are not breakfast people but decided to go on up and enjoyed being "waited on" and talking to the other guests. We had such a good time just sitting over breakfast. Wayne was more than accommodating and you felt you were part of his family.
Also, take a trip to the Niles Bistro off 41A-unbelievable food that is not offered anywhere locally.
You need to make reservations as seating is very limited. Plan to stay for awhile as your food is cooked to order but worth the wait. Eric and Sandie are great.
My husband and I are already planning another visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My husband and I have passed through Skaneateles many times and this past weekend provided us an opportunity to stay overnight. I searched online and Wayne contacted me that same afternoon letting me know that rooms were available. The inn has rooms in the main house and in the (beautifully renovated) old carriage house. The Shiraz room was elegant and cozy at the same time, with double doors out the back that opened to the green behind the property and a fast flowing creek. A very nice touch was a make-yourself-at-home welcome book that was in the room when we arrived. It Breakfast was delicious and provided a great opportunity to see the meticulous care given to bringing the main house back to its original glory. I wished I was staying for a week and can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Go online for room by room descriptions!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Berwyn, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Always great to return to Arbor House. It's always clean, they're always so accomodating, and breakfast is social event! Even the guests they attract are warm and friendly. Perfect location for walking to everything. Thanks, Wayne. See you in June if not before!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Arbor House Inn? Share your experiences!