“Delightful waitstaff and good food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 32 Restaurants in Skaneateles
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
East Falmouth, MA
“Delightful waitstaff and good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We were late arriving in town and did not want yo travel for dinner. We found this waterfront restaurant in our guidebook and were not disappointed at all. It was compiled of numerous little rooms and we were happy to be seated on a roofed deck. Our waitress greeted us immediately and was cheerful and helpful in choosing specialty drinks. We ordered sushi for starters and a main meal. Once the sushi arrived we realized we had made a big mistake with the quantity of food we had ordered. The waitress saw our faces and asked if there was a problem. When we explained, she said it was not a problem as she had not placed the order for the main course. She cheerfully helped us select more appropriate food. The two sushis we had were delicious. My husband had a veggie roll and I had one with smoked salmon. We both followed with appetizer sized plates of what I cannot remember. We do remember that it was very good and that we were happy. I wish I knew the waitress' name so,I could give her a big plug!

Visited June 2014

Hamlin , New York, United States
“Good food, selection. Some menu highlights. Good service, view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We ate at the Blue Water this last weekend (Sunday, the 6th) and have eaten there before. Good, solid "average" restaurant, not too pricey, notable since it is heavily visited by tourists.
Crowded during the nice, sunny days...we put our name on the list for a table 2 hours later, then strolled through the wonderful village. Such a beautiful setting ! Blue Water has some views of the lake and shore, which is the first plus. Many of the menu items are "average". Plenty of seafood selections...again, all "good". But two items stood out yesterday. The lobster napoleon (pictured) and the fish tacos. Both very rich, quite good...above average.
We'll return. Friendly.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Clinton, New York
“Walked out after 2 minutes”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

My boyfriend and I visited Skaneateles for a summer day trip and were looking for a place to have a late lunch. Looking at the reviews for the Blue Water Grill on Trip Advisor, we decided to try it. We walked in and right off the bat I got a bad vibe. It looked like a big, messy, diner. Not at all what I had in mind. The hostess greeted us and we asked if there was any outdoor seating. She said yes, and then a lady who appeared to be a manager turned to a waitress and said something along the lines of, "You'll be taking this table, and now you have another outdoor table." The waitress rolled her eyes and sighed, clearly annoyed to have to wait on an outdoor table. It was a gorgeous July day, and the restaurant is on the lake, so we had looked forward to sitting outside. Seriously, did she think we were blind??? Her reaction was very obvious, and right in front of us. As soon as I saw her reaction, I wanted to leave, but since that is awkward, we walked to our outdoor table. The outdoor seating actually overlooks a parking lot, with the lake far beyond that. Not the view we had imagined! No way was I going to sit overlooking a parking lot after the very rude, obvious reaction from the waitress. As soon as we sat down, we made the decision to leave. I had no desire to deal with such rudeness throughout a meal that was supposed to be a fun, special occasion. We ended up going down the street to the Sherwood where the wait staff was friendly and pleasant, the food was decent, and we had a much better experience.

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rochester, New York
“defenately a must”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

great food , service and people watching!! very busy but a table always available. next to the lake,clean and very affordable.loved it.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Acton, Massachusetts
“LUNCH 6/27 AND 6/28”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Excellent restaurant on Skaneateles Lake. We ate here on Friday June 27, 2014 as a couple and the next day with inlaws. Tenderloin flatbread is excellent with small pieces of tenderloin on flatbread with blue cheese. This is plenty of food for one, but I also had the lobster bisque. My wife had a Caesar salad with grilled chicken. This was also a large portion. Relatives had the fried haddock sandwich and a burger. Nice view of the lake. Best to make reservations and ask for a table next to the window. Restaurant has an outdoor seating area with a view as well. Service was excellent both days. They seem to have plenty of staff working to handle the crowds.

Visited June 2014