“restaurant experience” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Hamilton, Canada
“restaurant experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

The restaurant was casual with a very nice locale. Food was good and medium priced. Would definetly go back. This was our second visit.

• Visited September 2013

Rochester, New York
1,710 reviews 1,710 reviews
1,146 restaurant reviews
“Very cozy spot for a good lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

We stopped in here this week during the Dickens Christmas festival, and the whole town was enjoying themed day. I was pleased to see that there were seats available even at 12:15 PM, so there was no wait for a table. This restaurant is pretty good sized inside, and the rooms offer a wide variety of seating and views of the lake. It's all very pretty.

I must admit that I wasn't feeling very well on this day, so chances are my taste buds were a bit off. But even with my illness, my New England clam chowder was pretty tasty, with large chunks of clam throughout. I also got a fruit salad that was pretty good as well. My wife had a salad with a large salmon steak on top, which she also enjoyed. Our daughters enjoyed their food as well, although our youngest reported that her chicken fingers were a bit oily. (Heck, they're fried chicken fingers...what can you expect!)

Service was very good and prompt, although I must admit our waitress was WAY too serious. She provided great service, but she looked like she was taking a final exam in chemistry or something. Oh well...no worries. It was still a very nice meal, and I would gladly return again.

Buffalo, New York
“Quick good eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch during the last weekend of the Charles dickens fest. Despite it being very busy we got quick prompt efficient and friendly service. I got the scallop chowder and soft shell crab rolls. Each were very good and served quickly. I definitely recommend this place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lodi, New York
“Great Chicken and Dumplings!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

My wife and I ate here last weekend and I had the chicken and dumplings, YUM! Also, for you beer drinkers, check out the beers of the day. They had 2 good craft beers for $3 on this day, along with several others on draft.

Visited December 2013
Debary
“Great place for soup on a cold day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in here for lunch on a frigid snowy Saturday. We were seated immediately and served promptly.
There were 6 of us and we each ordered soup - 2 french onion, 2 tuscan bean with spinach and 2 roasted garlic and corn chowder. All were yummy and good value @ $5.95.
Would like to return in good weather!

• 5 of 5 stars Food