“Good value for the area.” 3 of 5 stars

Birds Nest Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1601 East Genesee Street, Skaneateles, NY 13152   |
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Skaneateles
Philadelphia
“Good value for the area.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Our second stay at Birds Nest was OK. It is an old time roadside motel convenient for our purposes.
Both times we stayed there we had clean rooms and the staff was very nice.
This trip our room was much bigger for only $10.00 more but the bed was not very comfortable though my wife disagrees on that. I suppose it's a matter of opinion.
The are few lost cost places to stay in the area and going by the reviews I have read this one is the cleanest.
You could easily spend three or four times more money and get superb accommodations.We have done that too. This time I was being frugal.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Syracuse, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Word of warning for anyone looking for an affordable motel, this place is definitely not worth the money saved!!! The room was a typical cheap motel room which I was fine with yet it was freezing as I stayed in the Motel during Thanksgiving week, also I planned to do work in the room since their website boasts free internet, when I find out during my stay that you can only use internet in the lobby. So all of that was fine and i accepted that accommodations were minimal but when I went to take a shower the morning I stayed in the motel, I found none and had to dry my body with my clothes. I couldn't call the front desk as the office was closed for Thanksgiving. I was pissed that we payed a little over $80 for a freezing room with no coffee, no internet, and no towels but I was willing to just accept that it got what i payed for (sort of) until the next day the Motel staff calls my husband while he's at work and accuses us of stealing the towels!!!! I was livid and called to try and explain to them that I was positive there were no towels in our room as I was forced to dry off my wet body with clothes and the manager proceeds to tell me that he personally put towels in the room and that my husband and I better get our stories straight!! This place is the bare minimum of a cheap motel, and obviously has unprofessional and unintelligent staff. Unless you are in dire straights and are willing to be accused of stealing motel items which weren't even in your room I suggest you steer clear of this crap hole! Worst motel experience ever!!!!! I've stayed in several Motel 6's in my lifetime and never experienced the service as poor as I experienced at the Bird's Nest!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Topeka, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have stayed here 3 times.

Problems include:

1) No hot water
2) Dirty room
3) No TV remote/broken TV
4) no heat
5) shoddy room construction (holes in the bathroom)
6) No wifi despite advertisingtehre was (only works in part of buildings)
7) Room smell moldy

Overall very cheap, even for $100 a night hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Binghamton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Old fashioned, cute motel rooms, all knotty pine inside. Everything was adequate, although not ultra-luxurious. Comfortable beds. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. Pool outside is convenient, except can't be used except in the presence of two adults. Very reasonable price in a town that tends to be very expensive.

Room Tip: There's a wing that looks more modern than the basic motel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Springfield, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This motel is a gem. There are two old fashioned lounge chairs in front of each cabin-like room and people actually sit there on the lawn and do nothing! No reading, no internet, radio, or phones - just leisure sitting. The place is so quiet and the grounds are beautifully landscaped. The rooms are clean and fairly large. The innkeeper is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Susquehanna, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed in the king bed room with Jacuzi. This was in the 2nd building. The hall and room smelled horrible. The floor over near the desk is ready to fall through. The microwave is in the bathroom.
The AC was loud but necessary due to the horrible smell. It smells like mildew or wet dog. The Jacuzi is in poor shape and was dirty. No parking was allowed in the parking lot closest to the room. Not sure why because it is their parking lot. We were extremely disappointed with this stay and would never stay here again. Beware becasue this place looks nice from the road. The grounds are well kept up front and its very cute. Cost $110 per night. We have stayed in $50 hotels that are much nicer.

Room Tip: Spend the extra and stay down town.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

If you want a 3, 4 or 5 star hotel this is not the place. If you want a place in a good location that is CHEAP, this is the place. My wife and I stayed there for a week and it was resonably priced but having stayed in a variety of 4 and 5 stars hotels in the past I knew this when I booked it and had no expectations except a bed to sleep on (MAY HAVE HAD BLOOD ON THE SIDE OF THE MATTRESS, IT WAS A RUST COLOR STAIN), and a place to shower but no other type of expectations.

Room Tip: They have newer hotel rooms if you want more but they do cost more.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Birds Nest Motel? Share your experiences!