“Peaceful, beautiful and very pet friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Save Only at Our Webpage
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Skaneateles
Certificate of Excellence 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“Peaceful, beautiful and very pet friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2005

My 23 yr old daughter and myself were going to Camillus, NY to see my sister who has 4 kids and lives in a fairly small house so we needed a convient place to stay that also would accomadate her golden retriever puppy that she refused to leave at home. We were very glad to find Skaneateles Suites. About a 15 to 20 min drive on country roads (we're from a rural area and hate traffic) from Camillus & Syracuse through the small village of Skaneateles (very picturesque). Skaneateles Suites is in a rural setting of fields and orchards. Each room is actually a seperate bungalow- parking in front and with a patio in back and a large grassy area(very good for the puppy who had to be walked every 2 hours). The rooms were large efficiency style (micowave,counters, sink small refrigerator, table & chairs) very clean and well appointed. After visiting with the family it was wonderful to come back to the room and relax. Now that we know Skaneateles Suites is there maybe we'll visit my sister more often.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2005

We loved our stay at this wonderful quiet place in New York. We walked in and the music was on low to welcome us. The room was clean and just very nice. We loved the tub. It was just such a romantic setting which was exactly what we were looking for. The bed was very comfortable as well. We would highly recommend this place to people we know as a very nice place to stay while in the finger lakes region of New York.

Mrs. Litti S. Rissler

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2005

Me and my boyfriend have never been away together. He has two children and I have one. Between the three of them it's hard to get away. Our first date was taking them to the movies. I found this place online and it looked beautiful, so I called them. The price was very reasonable, it also said online that they could do extras if you tell them your budget. I told them that I didn't have alot to spend but I would love it if they could put some rose petals and maybe some candles around for me, because we've never had our own time and I wanted it to be special. Not only did they do that (on a reasonable budget) but they also added chocolates that were to die for. The room was so gorgeous, it had a huge bed and a jacuzzi tub right next to it. The tub was big enough for both of us to fit in and relax. We ended up sitting in it for 1 1/2 hours, watching tv and relaxing. The tv is huge also and can be seen from every point in the room. Then the best part was that the checkout said it had to be 11am. I called and asked the lady at the desk if there was any chance that we could stay a little later because we do not get to sleep in very often and I would pay extra if needed, she checked and said that nobody was coming in that room the day after and I could stay as long as I wanted. We ended up staying until about 12:30-1:00pm. The whole weekend was just perfect, right next to the town which has shops and delicious places to eat. But at the same time, its not directly in the town, it's in the country a little which made it very peaceful and beautiful with the snow all around. The whole experience was amazing. We will definitely be back and have already referred our friends and family to this place.

oswego ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2005

The people at the Skeaneteles Suites were professional, extremely accomodating,and very pleasant. This was our first stay, but we were treated as if we were old friends. I would not hesitate to return or to refer to friends. Also the place was immaculate and stocked with snacks and beverages. No negatives.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2005

I am pleased to tell you that I loved Skaneateles Suites. I rented the Honeymoon Suite for a weekend to get away from my 12 kids and wonderful hubby. It was delightful. I was greeted with the music playing, little goodies in the frig., clean large room, real dishes to eat on, a microwave, large bathroom with a shower that would accomodate two people easily (which will come in handy the next time my hubby and I get a weekend alone)and a jacuzzi tub with candles and lovely glasses to drink from. Ohhhhh was I relaxed when I returned to my family on Sunday. Please do yourself a favor and book a room soon.

• Stayed February 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2005

Fantastic best describes The Skaneateles Suites. They went the extra steps to make sure our trip was comfortable. When we arrived the stereo was playing in our room and the heat was set very comfortable. The rooms are seperate bunaglows which are very private. We stayed in the Jazucci Suite, it had all the amnenties. Stocked fridge with soda, water, juice and snacks. There was a kitchen, ironing board, blow dryer, campagne glasses and even candles there. The bathroom was nice size with a huge shower. The room had a table and chairs, lounge chair and bed, tv and stereo. The jazucci was nice size and had plently of hot water as did the shower. Off the back is sliding patio doors with a small patio. (though it was winter and we didn't use it) Our room was cleaned daily with fresh towels. Check in and out was fast,simple and painless. When it came time to leave, they had even brushed the snow off our vehicle. We feel this place was fantastic and highly recommend it. Couldn't of asked for any better service and privacy.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2005

February 21, 2005
We just visited the Finger Lakes Region for the first time this past weekend and found a great place to stay that was VERY pet Friendly. They have individual bungalows that are very nicely furnished with all the necessary touches to make it feel like home. Even the dog got a Welcome Letter. Very private, comfortable, quiet, homey, I can' say enough about what a nice visit we had to Skaneateles Suites. We were looking for a change of scenery for the weekend and this place made it fun. This is the first time we have traveled with a pet before and it is a little more work but the pleasant surroundings made me want to walk the dog at 6:00 AM when it is really quiet and peaceful.
Thanks for a great stay. Keep up the great work.

• Stayed February 2005

Been to Skaneateles Suites? Share your experiences!