“A lovely relaxing getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$230 (USD)
Ranked #4 of 6 hotels in Skaneateles
Victor, New York, United States
“A lovely relaxing getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We've stayed at Mirbeau four times now, the most recent being just a few days ago. We absolutely love the relaxing atmosphere. Being about 1 1/2 hours from Rochester, NY, it's close enough to our home for a quick overnight getaway.
Although both the service and the food are outstanding, we were slightly let down by a couple of small things. First of all, when we entered our room, we found that it was handicap accessible. Overall, this would not have been a problem, but for the teeny tiny shower with a very low shower head that was roughly at the level of my shoulder. We called the front desk and asked if any other rooms were available, but they were booked solid that night. I did try the shower, but the odd angle at which I had to contort myself to wash my hair brought me dangerously close to throwing out my already touchy back. So, I threw on my plush Mirbeau robe, took the elevator down to the spa, and showered in the women's locker room. Problem solved, albeit a tad inconveniently. Speaking of locker rooms, those at the Mirbeau Spa are lovely and very well-appointed. However, the shower that my husband used in the men's locker room had some mildew issues.
We didn't book any spa services this trip (though we have done the couples massage in the past and loved it), but we did spend some time relaxing at the beautiful aqua terrace with its large jacuzzi (which really is more like hanging out at a hot spring with a small waterfall - lovely!) Small downer: the wad of gum that someone had stuck on the edge of the jacuzzi.
Since we were visiting for my birthday, we were surprised by a bottle of sparkling wine that was brought right to our room. It is the touches like this that make you feel pampered at Mirbeau.
Another nice bonus was that a European Continental breakfast was included with our room. This consisted of delicious pastries, fruit, granola, yogurt, meats and cheeses. We had enjoyed this before and wanted to try something off the breakfast menu this time, so they let us apply the $10/person price of the continental breakfast to our order. This was a welcome surprise, and breakfast was absolutely delicious! I highly recommend the twice-baked French toast.
Overall, this was a wonderful little trip, though in a couple of areas it didn't quite measure up to our past visits.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
marym79, Guest Relations Manager at Mirbeau Inn & Spa, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you very much for your review and your visits to Mirbeau. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall experiences during this last visit. We do our best to inform our guests of handicapped accessible rooms when booking and apologize that this was overlooked. We will review this with our staff to ensure the best possible guest experience. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again.

352 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Rochester, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My girlfriends and I wanted to celebrate some life achievements by spending a few hours at the spa. We signed up ahead of time - one for a facial and two for massages. The facial itself was wonderful, and my girlfriends spoke highly of their massages. The criticism I have is with the robes - I am a larger size woman and was handed an XL robe that did not fit when I entered. Embarassing as that was to have to ask for a larger size, they handed me another XL size one to replace it. I explained that I already tried that size and had to wait while they found a bigger size one (XXL - the biggest they had; unisex for either men or women). A party came in after us with several larger size women - they told us that they had called ahead and informed them that they would need several larger size robes and were assured they'd be taken care of - they weren't. They didn't have enough of the XXL robes, and XXL wasn't big enough for some. Also, while we were waiting for our one friend to get done w/her massage, we were in the main waiting area with about 30 people just sitting and chatting with out feet in the warm water. Because there was such a large group of people sitting there and chatting it got a bit loud and they walked around and informed us we were all being too loud. For the amount of money that we spent there and was being spent there by all who were there that day alone, it seems to me they could be more prepared and more gracious. I didn't get the whole spa experience that I had anticipated - one should be pampered and made to feel like a queen in an establishment such as this - pretty disappointing that I took that away from my first experience at Mirbeau.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
marym79, Guest Relations Manager at Mirbeau Inn & Spa, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us. We are proud to provide years of award-winning service to our guests. We will review our robe inventory with our staff to ensure better spa guest experiences in the future. Thank you for sharing your comments with us and we hope to see you at Mirbeau again.
Cortland, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and i went there for our 10th anniversary. This place is very charming with decor and atmosphere. We did the spa and i have to say that the massage was the best so far i have had. The reason i gave four out of five is the food just ok. I should have had dinner somewhere else like others said, but we want to give it a try and drink and don't have to drive back. Anyway, the bartender is very attentive and service is topnotch. Breakfast is good, nothing extraordinary. Overall my experience is great. The price is very high, if it is lower i would consider go there more since it is only half hour drive for me.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review as well as sharing your 10th anniversary with us. We wish you many more happy years. To ensure that you are receiving the best notice of specials and promotions, please sign-up for our newsletter at our website and be sure to follow us on Facebook. We look forward to seeing you again at Mirbeau!
Sainte-Marthe, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

It was our second visit in 4 months. We really enjoyed the relaxed spa atmosphere that permeates the Inn, where we can wear our robe from our room to lunch and to the spa without looking odd. The resting room at the spa is divine with 9 lounging chairs which are arranged around a calm water basin. My husband and I lounged there before and after our spa treatments which were world class.
The wine bar was a really fun experience as well, but I would suggest trying a red wine as my glass of chardonnay was luke warm.

Room Tip: The rooms in the cottages are not connected to the main inn so they are less desirable in winter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! We are pleased that your spa, inn, and dining room experiences were enjoyable. We hope to see you again very soon at Mirbeau.
West Seneca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed one night at Mirbeau. We also had a couples treatment called "It Takes Two". Everything was very relaxing, we enjoyed our time there. The staff was very friendly and we would recommend it to our friends.
We only ate breakfast there, but it was fantastic, I had the French Toast and my wife had the Eggs Benedict. Best we have ever had. Super friendly service also.
I did read some other reviews before we went that were pretty negative so I was a little worried. But I can say our time there was very good without any problems. The facility may not be perfect and shows signs of some wear, but nothing that affected us having a very relaxing, comfortable stay. We did not go there to do an inspection of their Hotel/Spa/Restaurant, we went to have a good time and relax. Which we did.
In fact my wife accidentally left her ipad in the hotel room. And we got a phone call from Mirbeau on out drive home, so we turned around and went back to pick it up. I think this says something about the high quality of people they have working there. This might not have happened at another hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review. We are very pleased to hear that your stay was relaxing and that you enjoyed all aspects of your visits to our inn, dining room, and spa. Thank you for sharing your experiences and we look forward to having you at Mirbeau again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a long weekend at Mirbeau with my sisters. To say we were happy with our experience is an understatement. We had booked a package which included our room, breakfast, spa treatment & dinner. As with most "package deals", we expected to be nickeled & dimed for everything during our trip or to be told that one thing or another was not included. To the contrary, we could not believe how much was included. We had our choice of the entire menu at breakfast and dinner, including appetizers, dessert & all non-alcoholic beverages. We felt like we really got a lot for what we were charged.
The grounds were beautiful, even in winter. Our favorite part was the Aqua Terrace, which is where we spent a lot of our time. We relaxed in the steamy water while snow flakes fell from the sky & Mallory our sweet bartender brought us Bloody Marys. She was just one of many staff at Mirbeau that impressed us. Everyone was extremely polite & attentive to our every need (Katie, Justus, Courtney to name a few more). My sister, who made our reservation several weeks ago, commented that she was contacted a couple times in advance of our trip to ensure that we were all set with our spa reservations and to see if there was anything else yet could do for us. The service was top notch.
I cannot say enough about how much we enjoyed our stay. We've decided to make it an annual event so we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your review! It was our pleasure to have you and your sisters here at Mirbeau. We are happy to hear that your package was exactly as you wanted it to be. We look forward to seeing you at Mirbeau again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Essences of the French countryside. This elegant and classy inn and spa was just what I needed to refresh my mind and body. I loved to decor, yoga classes, spa treatments and aqua terrace. Definitely planning on coming here again!

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We’re very happy to hear that you enjoyed your Mirbeau experience and hope to see you as our guest again soon!

Been to Mirbeau Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!