“Adirondack beauty” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Northern Lake George Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Silver Bay
Northern Lake George Resort
You added Northern Lake George Resort to your Saves list
Route 9N, Silver Bay, NY 12874   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Silver Bay
Long Island City, New York
“Adirondack beauty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My family and I went to Northern Lake George resort during the summer of 2012. I don't know what these bad reviews expected when they stayed here. If they wanted to stay at another resort with all the amenities and a price to match then they should have stayed there. The resort is beautiful like an old adirondack camp--and this is what they are advertising. The rooms are small but they are clean and homey. No one is in their room for any length of time anyway. The lake is a magnificent view from the porch and the restaurant served excellent meals. The resort is "out of the way" and this is perhaps what bugged these people the most. If you can't stand the quiet and a serene atmosphere then stay in lake George village with a bunch of other travelers. I'll take the quiet anytime.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Staten Island, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I will make this short with one word descriptions - old, smelly, small, little activities, owners don't care, beach (not even), docks old, decor late 70's or early 80's, floors warped, bathroom floors has a slope, bed linens looks old and dirty, TV is 12 inch tube, internet you have to pay for each device - no sharing, $4 for 2 hours or $20 for 3 days, lighting is dark, no ceiling light in room, only lamps with low watt bulbs, no AC only a fan. Central AC only cools the hallway. The air vent is dirty with spider webs, little old hand written notes all over the room. Water stain on the ceilings, they converted a regular room in two small rooms. One with a barthroom or one with no bathroom - share a central bathroom with other guess (gross). Small fridge that is not cold. It's just sad for such a nice location, owners should sell if they dont care, they are not around to talk or greet their guess. Place was empty now I know why, very little guess around. Definitely no return customers and I'm one of them. Such a shame.

Lierpool, new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Don't stay here huge rip off pictures on web site are miss leading. Inn keeper very rude after leaving you feel like you just got mugged.The rooms were small only a matteress to sleep on two pillows per bed , beds smelled like urine and had stains on them . Cobwebs and dust everywhere, the doors had a one and a half inch gap around them ,the door handles were the kind used on closets no security what so ever . The main lodge was in need of repair and had several refridgerators on the porch yee haa .down by the lake there was plastic construction fence . The beach was about 20 feet. In length " not much of a beech .I was pleasant when conversing with inn keeper about the accomadations. he walked away and said I'm charging me with two nights over 300 dollars . Even though we only stayed one night which was one of the worst experiences I've ever had . On a scale of 1-10 me and my family rated it a negative 3 . I can't believe a lawyer hasn't jumped on this as a group lawsuit ,deceiving consumers ,my next I will contact the state attorney.

Room Tip: Do not stay here !!!
holmdel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I have stayed at The Northern Lkae George Resort for one weekend a year since 1991 when my husband proposed to me "will you marry me and be the mother of our children". Staying in this historic inn has been a tradition for our family ever since. The location on Lake George is magnificent and it is truly a "Camp" in the greatest sense. I loved the old blankets and candles with the nets around them that are now long gone. We have always stayed in either the motel units at the back of the property or the main lodge and we will return each year to enjoy the opportunity to step back in time and experience life as it was without modern day creature comforts. The kitchen serves great meals, the guests are not those you would meet in the Village. The Silver Bay Camp Association right next door is our swimming place and Snug Harbor (formerly Werners) is where we have always rented our boat. Mark and David Martucci continue to host all of us year after year and each time we return, we see faces and families who also gather to enjoy the return to yesteryear.
If I had any improvements to suggest, it would be to raise the apron of the 100 year old cypress trees so that the view of the lake would be enhanced from the upper decks of the Lodge. I would also embroider the existing towels with name of the resort adding an emblem of the Indian Head gracing the dining room wall and sell these as momentos of our stay thus covering the cost of new towels for the guests to enjoy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brooklyn, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Historic resort nicely updated while retaining it's old fashioned charm. Quiet and comfortable with helpful staff. Clean with all the basic amenities. Real out in the country feel. Fine for a quiet getaway. Need car to get to other attractions in the are.

Room Tip: Wife and I were looking for someplace quiet and relaxing. First time stayed in the old building whic...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
LULUPAL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Booked a room and it was so disgusting and small. Moved to a villa still gross. I want to leave and the Inn keeper is threatening me for full payment or he is keeping my stuff. I am here on work and told me he called my employer(temp) which he did!!! Threatened me with calling the police. Unbelievable!!! after reading the other reviews I can see that is the trick they get you to go to the gross small room and because you dont like it take the villa for more $$$. I smell a RAT or two!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Niagara Falls, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

We rented two connecting rooms in the motel, both rooms should be condemmed. Very moldy and smoky smelling. Door to room had 1.5" gap underneath it for critters and moisture to get into room. We checked in late and one of the rooms was wet and damp do to the moisture outside. Asked owner to upgrade us and I was willing to pay the difference and he said NO. He was a complete jerk and wouldnt come with in 30' feet of me to talk. DO NOT STAY HERE> GO SOME WHERE ELSE> GROSS< GROSS GROSS> It made my kids cry it was so gross. We slept with our cloths on and left super ealry.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Northern Lake George Resort? Share your experiences!