“Great steakhouse” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Summit, NJ
“Great steakhouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We've eaten here a few times, and have always had a good meal-- from steaks to burgers, wings, salad and a smoked trout appetizer. The staff and owner are very friendly and the atmosphere has a nice, rustic Catskill feel. They also have a great draft beer selection.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

West Islip, New York
“Good Steakhouse in the Catskills”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Ate here once both the wife and I had the prime rib which was the special on Saturday night. It was very good and reasonably priced. Servers were very attentive and caring. They have an outside fireplace but it is where the smokers congregate, not for me. They had entertainment the night we visited (weekend) which was very enjoyable.
Worth a visit.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hoboken, New Jersey
“It's a good Honest American eatery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This place was recommended to us by a bartender in Margaretville--what a great recommendation! The waitress was fantastic and I loved the pork wings and my boyfriend had an excellent prime rib. When you are seated, they serve you fresh-popped popcorn! All very reasonably priced ($60 for a main course, two drinks, salad bar, and a dessert for me {can't resist blueberry pie})!

The only disappointment was when we left to go to the car, outside the staff had lit a pit fire and I was attracted to it like a flame to a moth, but the staff would have nothing to do with us--they were not very friendly at all. Mind you they probably had a busy night and couldn't be bothered. Having worked in a restaurant myself, I can understand that may have been the case, but still no excuse!

• Visited August 2013