“Great Mini Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Catskill Seasons Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shandaken
Catskill Seasons Inn
You added Catskill Seasons Inn to your Saves list
178 Rte. 42, Shandaken, NY 12480   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Shandaken B&B and Inns
Binghamton, New York
“Great Mini Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed 3 nights and had a wonderful time.
The room was recently remodeled and was very clean and well appointed.
The location of the Inn is fantastic. Nights we visited Woodstock and the Bearsville Inn, and listened to some great music. Days were spent at Hunter Mountain where they have great canopy tours. Others days we hiked, visited waterfalls, and came back to enjoy the pool. Our first night we arrived late and had dinner on the deck - the food was so good, we ended looking forward to coming back to the Inn and dining there.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New York City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

We drove up to the Catskills without a reservation anywhere so didn't have expectations on the venue. The price seemed a little high for the area - if we were just booking the room alone. But when considering the ski and stay package it is a great deal. Our goal was to get a good nights sleep in a clean and safe establishment located close to the mountain. That was a achieved and I was happy with my stay. Some minor issues such as hearing someone snoring loud in a nearby room and deteriorating concrete on the upstairs walkway took away from the experience but were not a big deal. To summarize I liked this place for serving its purpose. The room and bathroom were clean, the lift tickets were a great value and I recommend this to couples or friends going on a low-key ski trip.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

Our experience was good. We stayed in the main lodge, above the restaurant. A bit noisy on Sat night, I'll say. But the room was huge, bathroom also big, and everything was very clean. The restaurant was excellent. Yes, i agree service was a bit slow. But i was surprised how good the food was. And we were very close to skiing at belleayre. They forgot to leave the continental breakfast that was promised one morning. And I wouldn't say the owners were overly friendly, as least to us, but welcoming enough. Overall, though, it was a good experience and i'd stay there again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Manalapan, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

My friends and I were fortunate to find The Catskill Seasons Inn at least 3 or 4 years ago. We stay there all the time during SKI SEASON!! During Christmas week and every other
Holiday weekend and any other weekend we can get away for Skiing. We LOVE it there.
It is ALWAYS clean, and I am a clean freak!! The owners are always so nice and very accommodating. We always eat at the restaurant which is always really good. We enjoy
the bar as well. The owners are always so nice and friendly to everyone. They make
you feel like family. What more can you ask for? Owe and the skiing is perfect!! I wish
I could stay here for the entire ski season!! I promise you will love it!! We all
love it here!!!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

Last minute ski vacation for Valentine's Day weekend. This was the only thing we found with the right price at such short notice. When we arrived we were not disappointed. The check in area is in the bar. The rooms are tremendously small, but decently clean. The restaurant has a nicely sized bar and then the "restaurant". You need to make reservations for the "restaurant". Food is the same whether at the bar (there is an area in between the bar and restaurant that has a few tables) or the restaurant. The service is horribly slow everywhere and food is not great. The bar area has no music, the bartender is slow inexperienced and a tremendous flirt (only thing she is good at). She doesn't check to see if you would like another drink, you have to hunt her down, gets frazzled easily and then pouts. She doesn't know the specials and has a horrible nasal voice(sounds like Lois from Family Guy, but a million times worse)

Restaurant is not open for breakfast and in the kitchen area they serve sugary danishes and coffee cakes and call it a "continental breakfast". Water is scarce in motel, make sure you bring your own. If the water bottle empties, they do not refill until the next morning.

The location of this motel is great only because of the easy access to skiing and the ski lift/equipment discounts. Don't forget to get them (at the bar).

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

I stayed at the Catskill Seasons Inn with my husband and a friend; we paid $130 for room 1 which had 2 queen beds and a huge bathroom. This was a last-minute trip during MLK weekend. We called on Sunday morning to see if they had any rooms with 2 beds and arrived later that evening. By taking advantage of the $25 lift tickets for Belleayre Mountain, we saved ourselves a bundle!

I agree with the other reviewer that stated that the room was a cemetary for bugs. It's very strange because the room is very clean yet on each of the windowsills there were many dead flies and ladybugs. Odd indeed. Upon entering the room, which was on the second floor over the restaurant, I did not a stale order but after a few minutes you don't sense it anymore. I'll be honest, the room and inn did exceed my expectations given that these are very old lodges in the Catskills.

We did not eat at the restaurant but did grab a drink at the bar the night we arrived which was great. Nice bar area, good service, fully-stocked shelves.

• Stayed January 2010
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

I booked a room here for two nights Columbus Day weekend and got room #5 for $90 above the restaurant/bar. First impression upon arrival was that the restaurant/bar is very nice, owners/employees are nice. Went upstairs...smells funky. Went into room, everything is modern, but smells funky. We could not define the odor and after we were in our room, after a while we didn't notice it anymore, I think it must have come from the restaurant below. The room itself was tiny ($90), icky carpet, bed okay, bathroom okay. My main complaint is that it could have been cleaner, the window sills were dirty and the tissue box was stuck to the top of the bedside table by something sticky. But I'm very picky.
The restaurant was nice and Saturday night it was packed. We waited at least 40 minutes at the bar for our table and then after we were seated we waited over an hour for our food to arrive...it was ridiculous. The food was okay, better than expected.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Catskill Seasons Inn? Share your experiences!