“A Home Away From Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aunt Betty's Bed and Breakfast

Aunt Betty's Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Setauket
Aunt Betty's Bed and Breakfast
You added Aunt Betty's Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
2 Harmony Lane, Setauket, NY 11733   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Setauket B&B and Inns
“A Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011 via mobile

I stayed at Aunt Betty's for a week in August because I was taking a class in Stony Brook. Many of the other students in the class were also staying at hotels, but none were as lucky as me. Aunt Betty's was safe, quiet, and impeccably clean. I was able to get all my work done using her Wifi connection and had excellent breakfasts to last me through the day long classes. Each day the other students would be jealous when I told them what I had that day for breakfast as their hotels offered nothing and weren't exactly in the best locations even though we were all paying the same price. The location was also perfect. Only minutes away from Port Jefferson and Stony Brook. I only wish I was able to enjoy the grounds of Aunt Betty's more because they were very pretty with lots of wildlife. Aunt Betty herself was also wonderful, a delight to talk to, and incredibly accommodating. I highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

Aunt Betty's is the best, and she's a blast to hang out and chat with. Fine breakfast (we had homemade applesauce and fresh-backed bread right out of the oven), great rooms, fantastic bathroom, and right up the road from Port Jefferson's harbor and town center. Ask her about a good seafood dinner or a Gatsby-style mansion to visit, she'll have a good opinion. Top-notch.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
West Hollywood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

Having lived in the Port Jefferson area for a number of years, I've known of some other B&B's in the neighborhood. No longer do I live in the area but I recently needed a place to stay because of some research for a project.

I used to pass right by Aunt Betty's off 25 A on a constant basis. So when I came to town and needed a place, I knocked upon the door and was greated by Betty herself; later, I came to find out just how outstanding she really is!

The woman gets up at the crack of dawn, bakes bread and makes a delicious breakfast to boot! There's ALWAYS hot coffee on the stove, and Betty's just the best when it comes to navigating through the area... she knows all the good food places, where to shop, and just generally, where to go around the area! On a more personal note, Betty had told me that it was her dream to be able to, one day (God willing), help the homeless in a big way through starting a shelter; how much more giving can a person be!

In any event, while staying there on and off for a few months, I got to know the various rooms available, having stayed in all of them. One is just as comfortable as the next, and if it's available, you'd really want room 1 with the soaker tub! There's even a TV in the en-suite bathroom! All the rooms have their own bath and TV... room 2 has an en-suite bathroom and room 3's is the private bathroom in the hall. I stayed mostly in room 3, which was so comfortable. It's a quiet, quaint, cozy place to be...the decor is very Americana, and Betty even has a self-serving snack bar upstairs.

On a tragic note, one day while still on the east coast at Betty's, I had received a phone call from my mother that my dad wasn't in great shape; he was dying from pancreatic and liver cancer. With that I hightailed it to Florida for a few weeks. My dad did pass, and I had him sent back up north so that I could bury him in our family plot at New Montefiore (Pinelawn). I mention this because Betty not only graciously let me order a spread from the bagel shop so that I can receive a few friends who knew I was in mourning; she even made the chopped liver! I'll never forget that Betty was there in my time of need, in so many ways!

I'm back in Hollywood now, as my research has come to an end. But make no mistake, I'll be back in the area on business, as I've started a non-profit foundation as a call to action to eradicate pancreatic and liver cancer (www.CanSurvive.Info). We've got a fundraiser coming up in May and I'll be staying here, for sure. In fact, I miss Betty and the entire clan in her house!

So, most definitely, when you need to stay in the Setauket, Stony Brook, or Port Jefferson area, this is THE warmest, most inviting, comfortable and friendliest place in town. And I'm NOT kidding!!!
-Gail Bleckman

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

I was going to spend the evening on Main St in Port Jeff and needed a room for the night, so I researched the area. Before even going to Aunt Betty's, the place looked great from the reviews. I phoned Aunt Betty and asked if getting back in the middle of the night would be a problem at all... she advised it wouldn't be a problem at all (just be considerate of other guests of course) and took my credit card info over the phone and she arranged for my late night arrival. I could not ask for more.

I was pleasantly surprised when I came upon the house. The house and grounds are well kept and it is clear Aunt Betty takes pride in her work. The night's sleep and facilities were great. Morning was the best treat of all. Fresh, home made pancakes, fresh bread, and fresh fruit with freshly brewed coffee. One could not ask for more.

Finally, perhaps the best feature of the b&b, is Aunt Betty herself. She is a sincere, genuine, kind person. They just don't make her breed all that much any more. What a wonderful person.

I highly recommend Aunt Betty's Bed and Breakfast as a clean, comfortable, convenient accommodation in the Port Jefferson area. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Stony Brook, New York 11794
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

Aunt Betty's is clean, welcoming and pleasant in every way. Aunt Betty herself is a treasure.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Mt. Kisco, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

I can't recommend Aunt Betty's B&B more highly. It was a joy to stay there...comfortable, immaculate room and bath, wonderful breakfast, a a most delightful hostess! What more can one ask for?

Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Lindon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

Aunt Betty is so friendly that we felt right at home. The room was great and the food too! We were there for a week and loved it!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Aunt Betty's Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!