“Easter Sunday Brunch A Bit Pricey!” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“Easter Sunday Brunch A Bit Pricey!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

First time celebrating Easter with friends and choose the restaurant from a recommendation!
Looked forward to this buffet to celebrate the holiday as it mixed breakfast and dinner (lunch) items. Food was average nothing really creative. Waitstaff was very attentive with all you could drink juices and coffee, etc. served. Tight quarters to reach buffet in the front of the dining room, where we were seated while others were seated in the banquet room. A list of names were pasted to the door indicating if your seats were in the banquet room! Fare was $26.00 per person + tip and tax! Carving station had 3 choices, ham, lamb and beef. Thought the beef was very tough and would have enjoyed turkey as well. Nice restaurant but for the price the value and quality didn't cut it! Will try the restaurant and see how entrees are but for special occasions will move on to someplace else.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

c.p.
“Elderly Hotspot!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I am always wary when I walk into a restaurant and I am the youngest person by 25 years (not including my wife and child) and I am in my mid-thirties!!!! While the staff was friendly and accomodating to my daughter, my wife and I were on edge about having a 2 yr old at our table. A decent menu with reasonable prices, but the food seems to be seasoned with an older crowd in mind. Everything could have used a pinch of salt and pepper!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Scotia, New York
“Just OUTSTANDING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Outstanding Fare, terrific service and Waitresses, great Ambience all with pricing the average retired group can afford.
Tom and Maria offer many terrific weekly specials to augment their daily menu.
Most anyone that has eaten here says the same thing, outstanding!

• Visited February 2013
Galway, New York
“Turf Tavern - Worth trying again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We went to the Turf Tavern again this time on a Friday and I did make a reservation - leave a message and they get back to you -
I had the Shrimp Genovese and my husband had the Seafood Fra Diavolo - both excellent - we started with the salad with their houses dressings - the bread was very good and the service excellent.
It is going to be a regular on our list of places to eat!!!

Scotia, New York
“Intimate dinners to private parties”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Last Saturday night my husband and arrived without a reservation and though the Turf was packed we were seated right away. The service was friendly but not intrusive, our dinners were delicious and a real value. Since my women's club started holding its luncheon meetings there our numbers have started going up! Everyone has been very happy.