“Our first stay at Rocky Acres, but definitely not our last!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rocky Acres Inn B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Schroon Lake
Rocky Acres Inn B&B
You added Rocky Acres Inn B&B to your Saves list
1094 Trout Brook Road, 12870, Schroon Lake, NY 12857   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Schroon Lake B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ridgely, Maryland, United States
“Our first stay at Rocky Acres, but definitely not our last!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Rocky Acres offers all the amenities of a contemporary B&B, the natural beauty of the Adirondacks and the tranquil calm of its forrest surroundings. This much you could expect. What really makes Rocky Acres remarkable is the care and attention Laura, the proprietor, extends to her guests. Her personal warmth lets you feel at home from the outset and her careful attention to your needs and preferences assures you that you're a welcome guest. From the excellent breakfast in the morning to the shared conversation around the campfire under the evening stars, Laura made each day of our visit to the mountains truly special. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and left happy to have found our home away from home in the Adirondacks!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
RockyAcresInn, Owner at Rocky Acres Inn B&B, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for such a glowing review:) I am looking forward to having you both back to Rocky Acres & the new found friendship!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Schuylerville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Hi, been going to Laura's bed and breakfast for 5 years. She is dog friendly and I love bringing my black lab "Dakotah" there. She cooks an awesome breakfast when you want to eat, and she knows all the going on's in Schroon Lake. She goes out of her way to make sure you have an awesome vacation and will work with you if you have special needs. My dog and my girlfriend are the highlights of my life and Laura makes all of us feel like we are still home !

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Ballston Spa, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I have been vacationing there now for 5 years. We have been bringing our black lab for the last 2 years. Laura the host has been very accommodating . They are dog friendly . Laura makes a great breakfast in the morning and is very knowledgeable about any activities going on around town. It is quiet and peaceful, you can have a fire in the back or just enjoy the views with a pond in the yard. There are trails for hiking. I highly recommend this bed and breakfast if you are looking for a Adirondack vacation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

First off I want to start by saying Laura is an amazing, very dedicated and strong woman. The Inn/B&B is such a beautiful and well kept place. The Inn is a home away from home. I moved to Hawaii almost two years ago and when I came home for my first visit in a year and a half I made a visit to the B&B and well, all I can say is that Hawaii doesn't have anything on the Adirondacks. I love going to the B&B because it is so peaceful and reminds me how much I love the Northeast. Laura makes you feel at home and is prompt when it comes to meals and any service that may be needed. The B&B is always clean and neat and very welcoming. It's a place that you can go to just for the day and it's also a place that you could spend the weekend at. There is a lot of private property that you can take walks on and enjoy the wilderness. I give Rocky Acres Inn/B&B an excellent rating and I know I will be a repeat customer of the B&B. (I have posted some photos below. I do apologize that I did not take any of the outside of the B&B or the inside but the photos I did take are some of the beautiful views surrounding the B&B.)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
phila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I travelled up from PA. Our host was very accomadating and flexible regarding our arrival time. The lodging and furnishings were very nice, and the location is very private. Breakfast was substantial (eggs, sausage, waffles, etc.) and served according to the time table of the guests (us). My wife and I had an excellent time and I think made a new friend. I reccomend Rocky Acres.

Brian Dudonis

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Albany, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I had the pleasure of attending a luncheon tea at Rocky Acres. Laura puts on an exceptional spread. Not only was the food delicious, but the service was outstanding. What a lovely country setting for a relaxing afternoon with friends. Laura and her helper, Betsy, made us feel so welcome and at home. Looking forward to returniing again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
RockyAcresInn, Owner at Rocky Acres Inn B&B, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Always a pleasure to do luncheons!
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

I can honestly say I felt like home the whole time I was at Laura's place. As you may see when you read the reviews, everyone calls her by her name. She makes you feel like you've known her for a lifetime. Breakfast was delicious! Her beds were super comfortable. The temperature in the house was PERFECT. I can't complain whatsoever! Hot water is available during showers. It's super relaxing. (Wish I was there now) I will most definitely be going back. She gave us the best advice everything, especially on picking food. (Local pizzeria is the bomb!)

During our trip, my friends & I got lost in the middle of the mountains. If it weren't for Laura notifying the forest rangers, you wouldn't be reading this review. Upon leaving on our hiking adventure, we notified Laura where we'd be going. When she realized we hadn't made it home for dinner she quickly notified the local authorities. The whole town was aware of us being lost and together were sending out prayers. Words cant explain how much she helped us out.

I will be booking with her again without a doubt. I loved it there. By the way, this is coming from someone who has never set foot out of the city of Miami.Therefore if a city girl felt comfortable in her house, trust me anybody else can. I'm the pickiest person you'll ever meet & there is nothing I can complain about. Love it, love it, absolutely love it!

Room Tip: Butterfly room was beautiful!