“OK Hotel.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Schenectady

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Schenectady to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Schenectady
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Nott Terrace, Schenectady, NY 12308 (Formerly Holiday Inn Schenectady)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“OK Hotel.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

I went here when it was a Holiday Inn. Glad to see that they're a Double Tree now, as that chain honestly never disappoints. When I was there. The "spa" was never working, which wouldve been nice after a long day at work. The front desk could only say, "they're working on it" though I never saw that happening. I did like the restaurant, though I only ate there once. The pool was nice, but freezing! Would've been nice to have a heated pool, considering the weather outside. Schenectady is IN Upstate NY after all.

Room Tip: I didn't have one, but rooms facing the pools must be nice.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

A group of just about 30 college students traveled to the Holiday Inn Schenectady for a fundraiser. The hotel staff was more than accommodating to all our needs. This location does not serve a continental breakfast, much to our confusion; however, the kitchen staff served our group bagels and juice, with no request from us! The rooms were great and every aspect of the hotel was clean. The management team is extremely helpful and was willing to go the extra mile for our large group, including attending our fundraiser! The ladies at the front desk were so nice and were able to locate a missing phone charger from someone in our party. We highly recommend this hotel as we were treated with nothing but respect. We will definitely be back next year!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We decide to stay at this hotel because it was late, and usually Holiday Inns are very nice. This location is scary at night, I don't enjoy feeling like I'm about to be jumped. After traveling all day, we requested to have a quiet room, but instead had to listen to strange noises all night. Loud thumps and bumps were heard every half hour or so. On the plus side, they kept their restaurant open for us and the food was delicious.

• Stayed June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Schenectady, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Mainetrip2013,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apology for the room allocation and noise challenges you experienced during your stay. I have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured, these will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, I would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I traveled to this hotel for business on May 23, 2013. I've stayed in a lot of hotels all over the world. In my view, a hotel has to have two key criteria: comfortable beds and excellent staff. This hotel has both.

The front desk was quick to check me in, even though there was a minor issue with my reservation. I had a quick drink at the bar and headed out for supper at a local restaurant recommended by the General Manager of the hotel herself. In the morning, as I was headed out to breakfast, I was stopped by a maid who asked me how I would rate the room. Now, this was a first. Normally, you get a 'how was your stay?' question after you've already checked out. This showed me that service is #1 on all the staff's minds in the hotel.

Breakfast we good, too. I had a huge DEnver omlette that was very light and fluffy. The coffee was good, too.

I'm looking forward to my next stay at this hotel!

Room Tip: Room 447 was nice..
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The staff at this hotel made a huge positive impression. When we reserved our room we did not realize that it did not include a refrigerator. A call to the front desk explaining that we needed a frig for my husbands insulin had a frig there in less than 5 minutes. This was followed by a call from the front desk less than 5 minutes after that to ensure the frig had been delivered and was working.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask about the frig cause not all room have them.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Very clean rooms with excellent maid service. Beds are very comfortable. There is a gym and an indoor heated pool and spa which must be great in the winter. Very close to many restaurants, shops, and even a movie theatre. Also close to the Amtrak station.

• Stayed May 2013
Kate F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Schenectady, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear R S,
Thank you very much for taking time to leave your feedback. We are happy that you enjoyed the location, cleanliness and the service at our hotel as we strive to exceed your standards.
We can tell by your tripadvisor status that you travel often and we certainly appreciate you staying with us. We look forward to having you return as a valued guest in the future.

Kind Regards
Brooklyn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn for a wedding. I was not aware that they had an indoor heated pool and exercise room, both of which I would have used if I brought the proper attire. The room was large and confortable. Service was great. I ordered a refrigerator and got it, along with a microwave, all without additional charge. I got if for my room and my daughter's room, even though I only requested it for my room. The towels were plentiful and big. We needed extra toothbrushes and toothpaste, and got it right away. They also gave us the room opposite ours instead of adjourning for our daughter; we liked that better. They even had a shuttle to the wedding site. The only complaint was that there were no blackout shades on our view of the town. And the water pressure in the shower mysteriously dropped out for a while before coming back. Maybe several people were using it. All in all it was a great stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the odd side face the parking lot and town, sunny. Rooms on the opposite side face the inne...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Kate F, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Schenectady, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear shel29Brooklyn,
Thank you very much for your valueable feedback. We certainly appreciate you sharing your experience.
We hope that when you come back you will bring your bathing suit so you can enjoy our pool!
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you!

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Schenectady? Share your experiences!