“Nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Schenectady

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Schenectady to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Schenectady
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Nott Terrace, Schenectady, NY 12308 (Formerly Holiday Inn Schenectady)   |
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Schenectady
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I came here for a business trip. I was here for 18 days and I must say that it is a nice hotel. The staff was very friendly, and having a restaurant inside the hotel is a defendant plus. The hotel is right next to downtown Schenectady. Clifton Park isn't far away either and its a nice shopping area. Also very close to Saratoga springs.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Domenic at the desk went out of his way to ensure that we enjoyed our stay. Provided us with a room that met/exceeded our expectations, when we told him we wanted to eat Italian and al fresco, he recommended two restaurants that were walking distance - the one we chose was superb. A first for us, he called the room after we settled in to ensure that everything was satisfactory. The room and bathroom was very clean and nicely presented. The bed was most comfortable. The only hotel during this trip that provided HD stations on the flat screen tv. Though Schenectady was not a planned stop, staying here was most enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Belfort, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

nice lovely hotel. I did the check in and I had the surprise that my name was the one of the guest of the day. I was upgraded. I got a big bed room with a nice and comfortable king bed. I had a teddy bear and severals snacks and sweets as gifts and presents. The pool inside the hotel and in the middle of the hotel is original. The spa jacuzzi was too hot for me. This hotel is a really good choice to stay in Schenectady.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We were comming back from our stay in Wildwoods and stopped in Albany and the Holiday inn Express was way more costly because it was last minute ... So I used the wifi and got this Schenectady Holiday inn and it was really less expensive.

It wasn't a Express, so that meant no free breakfast but it was the most suprising thing about this hotel...the food was extraordinaire!!! The chicken I got for diner was just cooked perfect, not dry, the kids had the nugget...it wasn't even nuggets, it was real filets!!!

even if it ended up costing a bit more than at the Express, the food quality, the pool and all the hotel was Worth it!!!

I would recommend it and would go again, in fact, me might have to stop there this year comming back from Virginia Beach ... we'll see!!!

Room Tip: didn't see any other rooms, so can't say much...
Green Features: It's been a year, so I don't remember, but usually most hôtels these days are only changing the towels if needed, so a one night stay doesn't help the planet a lot!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Fredericton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I was very impressed how the staff here go above and beyond to help patrons. They were very friendly and helpful the days I stayed here -- giving directions and tips as to where to eat, etc.

The only drawbacks to the hotel is that it is not a great place for a sensitive person. When you enter, there is a very strong smell of chlorine gas. I would suggest that they switch to using ozone to sanitize their pool, or go to a salt water approach. Thankfully, the staff put me in a room away from the pool, but the chlorine smell was still strong in the business center when I had to use it.

The hotel is in walking distance to some very good downtown restaurants, of many different ethnic varieties.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Havertown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had some points saved up, so the night was free, which was a huge plus. I was not familiar with the area, but had I realized there was a Hampton Inn directly in the downtown area, I would have stayed there. The hotel staff I was fast-talking and not very friendly. The first thing I noticed upon arrival other than the uninviting outside facade, was how hot the lobby was. I was surprised how warm it was. When accessing the elevator or stairs you need your room key, which on one hand you think to yourself, "they are serious about security here" and then on the other hand you wonder "why are they so tight about security here?" I am not familiar with the area at all, so I don't know if it's safe, or not. It looked like an ok place to be.... The room was nicely appointed and clean. The workout room was very warm (like the lobby) and there wasn't an AC unit that I could even turn on. There were also no towels in the workout room which was a bummer as well. The indoor pool looked really nice and the hottub, but I didn't use either. The restaurant looked nice also, but again, I didn't take advantage of that either. They had cookies out at around 9PM (I'm sure they were out much earlier) when we got back to our room, so that was cool. Our room overlooked the indoor pool, which was nice, but a little strange since we couldn't see outside! I would stay here again, if the Hampton Inn was booked and I was in the area. I've certainly been in worse hotels! But for a Holiday Inn, I sort of expected a little more, but it was overall, Ok.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Schenectady, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Cin4513,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. I am glad that you noticed the cleanliness of the room. However, I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
boston,ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

we were there for Union College Graduation. The hotel and staff helped make the weekend very festive-with balloons, snacks, free drinks. We were there with a large group (4 rooms) and we really appreciated the tables near the pool where we could congregate. The kids enjoyed playing board games and going in the hot tub. The staff was very friendly, helpful and accomodating of our needs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Schenectady? Share your experiences!