I had some points saved up, so the night was free, which was a huge plus. I was not familiar with the area, but had I realized there was a Hampton Inn directly in the downtown area, I would have stayed there. The hotel staff I was fast-talking and not very friendly. The first thing I noticed upon arrival other than the uninviting outside facade, was how hot the lobby was. I was surprised how warm it was. When accessing the elevator or stairs you need your room key, which on one hand you think to yourself, "they are serious about security here" and then on the other hand you wonder "why are they so tight about security here?" I am not familiar with the area at all, so I don't know if it's safe, or not. It looked like an ok place to be.... The room was nicely appointed and clean. The workout room was very warm (like the lobby) and there wasn't an AC unit that I could even turn on. There were also no towels in the workout room which was a bummer as well. The indoor pool looked really nice and the hottub, but I didn't use either. The restaurant looked nice also, but again, I didn't take advantage of that either. They had cookies out at around 9PM (I'm sure they were out much earlier) when we got back to our room, so that was cool. Our room overlooked the indoor pool, which was nice, but a little strange since we couldn't see outside! I would stay here again, if the Hampton Inn was booked and I was in the area. I've certainly been in worse hotels! But for a Holiday Inn, I sort of expected a little more, but it was overall, Ok.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Schenectady Hotel Schenectady
- Holiday Inn Schenectady Hotel
- Schenectady Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover all that a revitalized Schenectady has to offer while enjoying the comforts and luxuries of home at the Holiday Inn Schenectady ! Located just 15 minutes from the Albany County Airport (ALB), Union, and Proctor's are just some of the area attraction that we are in a convenient and easily accessible location to our hotel, situated near the Capital District. All desired lifestyle amenities are available in a renewed city that has much to offer, from Saratoga Springs Racetrack to the Times Union Center (formerly Pepsi Arena) to the Stockade District. The 183 spacious and luxurious guest rooms have all you could desire. Executive level rooms offer upgraded amenities, secured room access and a breakfast lounge all included! Go for a swim in our pool or get energized at our fitness center. Keep in touch with the office or home, with complimentary high-speed Internet and free local calls. Host your business meeting or function in one of our recently renovated meeting and banquet facilities. Don t delay, there is plenty to see and do in the Electric City! Visit Union College. Walk, shop, and dine on Jay Street. Explore the Stockade District. Only seven miles northwest of Albany, the Holiday Inn Schenectady is the perfect location for both work and play! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Schenectady reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.