We stayed here in order to tour Union College, which is a two-block walk away. The hotel kindly let us leave our car in its parking lot, which was helpful since the college lots were crowded that day. The hotel is set back from the road and a bit difficult to see; similarly, you can't see the front desk when you enter but proceed ahead and it'll appear! Nice pool, decent fitness center. Strange layout overall; gives the impression of being several hotels or spaces conglomerated together. Our room was attractive, and the staff was very positive. Some good amenities, although take note: free breakfast is not one of them. More on that topic, however: since I did not see restaurants right near by and we were tired, we reluctantly decided to brave supper in the hotel restaurant, Samuel's. Usually I don't do that as I've learned from experience the food is usually mediocre at best. Not here--what a pleasant surprise! The restaurant food was excellent, both for supper and for breakfast! So I didn't feel anywhere as grumpy as I thought I would about breakfast not being included. Definitely give the hotel restaurant a try if you are staying.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Schenectady Hotel
- Holiday Inn Schenectady Hotel Schenectady
- Schenectady Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover all that a revitalized Schenectady has to offer while enjoying the comforts and luxuries of home at the Holiday Inn Schenectady ! Located just 15 minutes from the Albany County Airport (ALB), Union, and Proctor's are just some of the area attraction that we are in a convenient and easily accessible location to our hotel, situated near the Capital District. All desired lifestyle amenities are available in a renewed city that has much to offer, from Saratoga Springs Racetrack to the Times Union Center (formerly Pepsi Arena) to the Stockade District. The 183 spacious and luxurious guest rooms have all you could desire. Executive level rooms offer upgraded amenities, secured room access and a breakfast lounge all included! Go for a swim in our pool or get energized at our fitness center. Keep in touch with the office or home, with complimentary high-speed Internet and free local calls. Host your business meeting or function in one of our recently renovated meeting and banquet facilities. Don t delay, there is plenty to see and do in the Electric City! Visit Union College. Walk, shop, and dine on Jay Street. Explore the Stockade District. Only seven miles northwest of Albany, the Holiday Inn Schenectady is the perfect location for both work and play! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Schenectady reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.