““Very attentive to details”” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Schenectady

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Schenectady to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Schenectady
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Nott Terrace, Schenectady, NY 12308 (Formerly Holiday Inn Schenectady)   |
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Schenectady
GreenLeadersSilver level
California City, California
““Very attentive to details””
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

I had the pleasure of being well taken care of during a recent business stay. I am a returning customer and this was the first time I experienced a nice stay since my last visit in early 2010. I had to extend my trip by a day, was able to reserve an additional night quickly, which is very hard to do in that area.

The Manager Mohammad remembered my likes and dislikes from night before and gave me a room on my preferred floor. He made sure he took care of all the details to make my stay comfortable. How nice to receive such fantastic service!!! In general, the staff was attentive and accommodating to my needs. The hotel is convenient, quiet for my travels and happy to see the big difference in the service.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Fairborn, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

My wife and myself stayed at this Holiday Inn on a recent trip to Schenectady, Didn't get an opportunity to use the pool or the spa but was well satisfied with the over all housekeeping. Customer service - first rate.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Adraab10, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Schenectady, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Dear Fairbornlegion,

Thanks for your recent stay and review of the Holiday Inn Schenectady! I loved that you and your wife both enjoyed your stay with us. We focus on customer service and hope it shows through in our staff.

Once again, thanks for the visit and the post. It makes our day to a positive review! Hopefully next time you visit us, there will be some relaxing pool time in store.

Albany, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

First we walk in and the place smells. We get to the room it smells, its not cleaned well. There is hair and mold in the shower. The pool is in the inside the hotel right in the middle so all the creepers can stare at me in my bikini. The tv changes volume all the time. We tried to do laundry but the washer was broken. I called the front desk 3 times and no one ever answered. There is dust everywhere. Tried to order a corona it was 5.25, usually its 4. Anyways I go to Holiday Inns all the time, but this one is by far the worst one ever. The only thing that worked good was the AC.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dear thenew_ak47,

Thanks for the feedback on your stay. I apologize that we weren't better able to better accommodate you during your visit. The hotel has recently went through a remodeling so that could explain a few of the issues you experienced.

Our staff is always available for assistance but I can't explain why you weren't able to reach anyone while trying to contact them. I have made everyone aware of your post and can assure you that you if you stay with us again, it will be a much more pleasant visit.

Again, I apologize for the issues you experienced. We normally have only positive feedback from travelers time at the hotel. We strive to have every guest leave 100% satisfied.

Norwich, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

Everything appeared new and fresh. A wonderful soft, comfortable king size bed. We were visiting the area for a wedding so we did not get a chance to "try out" the pool or exercise room. As we checked in we did a walk through of those areas and they were well kept and pleasant.

Visit the Gershon deli a few blocks away. Delicious food.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Adraab10, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Schenectady, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
Dear lawtonjl2002

Thank you for your recent stay and review of the Holiday Inn Schenectady. All of us here at the hotel love great feedback and you sure provided us with some positives from your stay. We strive to have every guest leave as you did.

I'm so glad you found the bed to be so comfortable and that our renovations are evident throughout the entire hotel. Our goal was and still is to provide a relaxing and comfortable option while traveling away from home. Thanks to your review, we all feel you stay was a success.

Once again, thanks for your recent stay and review. We hope to see you again your next time through Schenectady.

Serbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

I stay in Holiday Inn every week for one night for over a year now. First time I came, I was surprised to see that hotel was renovated, it had pool and a little gym. Rooms are spacy enough, bathrooms are a bit smaller than I would like them to be, but everything was clean every time I stayed. Staff is friendly, from the front desk, over the restaurant to the housekeeping and maintenance guys. Food is decent. I mostly had breakfast, which is very pricy, but good. Shame there is no lunch service though. If you are Priority Club member, you can get two drinks for the price of one at the hotel bar, which is nice once the busy day is over.
Location is great since it is almost right in downtown Schenectady, five minutes drive to colleges, bus and Amtrak station. There is a Stewart's shop right next to the hotel. It is not the best neighborhood, but I felt safe in the hotel. There was always a spot in front parking lot although I was checking in pretty late.
I slept soundly whenever here. No noise what so ever. Comfortable beds and dark curtains.
There is a business center with printer, but for computers were outdated, so I would recommend you to bring your own lap top. Internet has decent speed.
All in all, this is a very practical hotel for a short stay. It definitely up to standards of the Holiday Inn. I would recommend this hotel to others. If anyone has questions about this hotel they may go ahead and ask me, since I am very grateful for great service I got here. I would like to thank all of the staff for their hard work, especially two great people at the front desk who always made me feel welcomed - Natasha and Yadrim.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Dear milica55

Thank you so much for your extensive review of the Holiday Inn Schenectady. We are so glad to have you as a regular customer and love hearing your feedback. You have touched on so many great points to the Holiday Inn and I really appreciate you being able to leave satisfied with your stay and recommending us while traveling through Schenectady.

As you mentioned, the hotel was recently renovated and all our rooms offer a spacious and comfortable setting while traveling away from home. We are so proud to have awesome staff members who are dedicated to our guests and strive to have everyone leave satisfied with their stay.

Once again, thanks for your continued business and recent review of the Holiday Inn Schenectady. We love having you as a guest and hope to see you again soon.

Take Care
Mendon, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

We stayed here one night while picking up my daughter, a student at Union College. I think a portion of the hotel has been renovated. Our first room had a nasty smell and looked run down, but after we complained we were moved to a really nice spotless room, with no questions asked. This second part of the hotel looked much more polished. We had a great time in the pool and jacuzzi, and I can't say enough about the wonderful staff at the front desk. For dinner check out Pinhead Susan's and breakfast at Perreca's (which has a bakery in one side) is excellent, especially if you are not into chain restaurants. I like what one reviewer said "this is not Paris" it's Schenectady after all...but there are still some great places there.

Room Tip: Not sure...but ask for a change w/ prob
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Adraab10, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Schenectady, responded to this review, May 18, 2011
Dear charpat5
I wanted to send a quick thank you for your recent stay and feedback of the Holiday Inn Schenectady. We really appreciate being able to assist with your hotel needs while visiting Union College.

Although your first room wasn't a match, I really appreciate your understanding and being able to move you to a more suitable room. Also, thanks for also making note of your wonderful experience with our front desk staff. They always strive to have every guest leave satisfied.

Once again, thanks for your recent stay and positive review. We hope you choose to stay with us again soon while traveling through Schenectady.

Take Care
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

The hotel was nice and the employees were nicer. The local area was run down but the hotel has everything you need so you don't really have to leave. Bring the kids they would love the pool.

• Stayed March 2011
Adraab10, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Schenectady, responded to this review, March 30, 2011
Dear Therepman,

I wanted to send a quick thank you from myself and our whole team for your recent stay and review of the Holiday Inn Schenectady. I appreciate new feedback but love when it's from a satisfied guest.

We are glad you found the pool area and entire hotel to be a nice stay away from home. Our hotel prides itself on offering everything you need while traveling. Although you didn't find the surroundings to be quite as pleasant, there are a few local businesses and attractions that make Schenectady a worthwhile town.

Once again, thanks for your recent stay and review of our hotel! We are so pleased you chose to stay with us and hope you do so again while traveling through Schenectady.

GM

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Schenectady? Share your experiences!