“Okay hotel, average breakfast” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Schenectady

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Schenectady to your Saves list
Days Inn Schenectady
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   167 Nott Terrace, I-90 exit 25/I-890 Exit 5, Schenectady, NY 12308   |
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Schenectady
Kingston, Pennsylvania
“Okay hotel, average breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

There was nothing too spectacular about this hotel, but there is nothing to complain about. While some of the people hanging out didn't seem to be of any decent quality, they didn't bother anyone so that was fine. We checked in late and went to sleep right away. The room had two double beds, which were pretty comfortable. The room had some wear, but it was clean. The bathroom was small, but at least the towels were clean. The breakfast in the morning was adequate, including waffles, cereal, fruit, coffee, and some yogurt. Overall, it was okay and I would go back if it was under 70 dollars and I didn't need any amenities.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
VALATIE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My cousin and I spent the day in Schenectady to see a show at Proctors and have some well deserved time together. We checked in, everything seemed to be fine. On returning to the room after the show and dinner, we discovered that the table in the room was broken, the lamps were broken, the television remote did not work or the clock radio. The ice bucket and the tray it sat on had not been cleaned in some time. It was filthy. We went to the desk for some toiletries, that they were all out of. Later that evening, while trying to sleep, the chidlren that had been riding the elevator all day were running up and down the halls. I called the desk, they said they would take care of it. Maybe an hour later it ended...after midnight. Same thing with super early in the morning, same stomping happening. I called the front desk and the clerk assured me that I was not hearing noise as the children had left. Come to find out, it was the housekeeping staff. The housekeeper even knocked on the door to find out what time we would be leaving. Not a restful stay at all. The sheets and bed were clean. On checking out, the clerk said "sorry about last night". Really??? Just simply did not care at all that we did not have a pleasant or restful stay. I told him I was going home to sleep. Too bad too, Schenectady has a lot to offer and would have loved to consider another weekend stay in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
navin p, General Manager at Days Inn Schenectady, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
The staff cares very much if any one of our guests is disturbed by noise or anything else caused by other guests. Unfortunately, for this guest on this particular Sunday night, we had also booked 20 rooms for a high school group that was touring the area colleges.They checked in at about 6:00PM and our staff as well as both of the group's chaperones tried their best to get all the students settled into their rooms for the night. When dealing with 40+ high school students, sometimes it's not that easy. The chaperones patrolled the hallways and by approximately 11:30PM, they were able to get all the students to stay in their assigned rooms for the night. The same group was heard in the morning as they had to be up by5:00AM. As far as the discrepancies found in the room, all could have been corrected with one phone call to the front desk. Unless a guest is previously granted a late check-out, housekeepers are required to knock on doors after 11:00AM, as check-out is 11:00AM. Again, our sincere apologies to any guest that experiences an unrestful night due the disrespectful actions of others.
Prince Frederick, MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I've stayed in pretty bad hotels before but this was a new low. I was there in March of 2013 with a youth sports team. I had read somewhere that the hotel had recently been renovated so I felt a bit more comfortable but I saw no sign of it. I do believe that some of the rooms were taken by people who live at the hotel, maybe their rooms had renovations. When we walked in the smell of smoke was strong. The halls smelled of a combination of smoke and body odor. At about 2:30 am a parent and child heard a conversation from someone in the stairwell about smoking crack. There was so much traffic noise; sirens etc when I woke the next morning I looked out my window to check to see if there was a chalk outline in the parking lot. In one room a pillow had blood on it. There are other hotels in Schenectady Holiday Inn is across the street, and The Hampton Inn is beautiful.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
navin p, General Manager at Days Inn Schenectady, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
First of all, we at Days Inn Schenectady offer our sincere apologies to any of our guests that endure a bad experience at our property. Secondly, we would like to reitterate that if anyone has issues with rooms, noise, etc, guests are encouraged to contact the front desk anytime, day or night so we can resolve any problems encountered. The hotel is working vigorously on the renovation project everyday. Unfortunately, all rooms have not been completed as of yet. Any guest can ask for a renovated room and we will do everything to accomodate them. As far as the cigarrette smell, we do have one half of one floor designated as smoking and we do everything in our power to keep that odor out of the non-smoking corridors. We find it quite impossible that a conversation from the stairwell could be heard from any room. The stairwell doors automatically close and rooms are too far from stairwells. Lastly, we don't have any control over the firetrucks, ambulances, etc that sometimes, but rarely pass by our hotel in the night.
Schenectady, Ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The stay it self was fine. The clerk was a little scattered brained. She gave me keys to Room 327, which was already occupied. I came back and informed her, she did apologize ,and then gave me keys to Room 227, which was already occupied as well. I again returned to the front desk, to let her know it was the wrong room. This time she gave me keys to 318 , which was vacant.
Because of this the next morning a new clerk told us she was aware of what happened and allowed me to have a late checkout; as well as take off half the price of the room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn Schenectady? Share your experiences!