“Clean room and friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Schenectady

You added Days Inn Schenectady to your Saves list
Days Inn Schenectady
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   167 Nott Terrace, I-90 exit 25/I-890 Exit 5, Schenectady, NY 12308   |
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Schenectady
Glassboro, New Jersey
“Clean room and friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

I must say that I have never been to this part of NY before. I pulled into town after midnight and it was a very run-down town. If you are the type that is scared when you go to inner cities...this town is not for you.

As far as the hotel...we had no problems at all. Clean non-smoking room. Service was great.

Once again....It's the town that worried me, not the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
navin p, General Manager at Days Inn Schenectady, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Nice comments about our property and staff are always appreciated. As far as our city, Schenectady is a very safe place to live and to visit. During the past 5 years our downtown area has undergone a tremendous makeover, thanks to the city's ongoing improvement project. Many new businesses have taken up residence here and continue to thrive. Our tourism continues to rise because of it and we encourage all our guests to experience the great restaurants, shopping, theatre, etc. Downtown is a 5 minute walk from our hotel and we always receive good feedback about their findings.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

The entire hotel smelled of stale smoke, inside and outside the rooms. The doors were loose and felt unsecured. I arrived here with my family and immediately left to the Holiday Inn across the road. Overall, it felt very dirty and unclean. AND we didn't get our money back.

Room Tip: No pool or restaurant
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
navin p, General Manager at Days Inn Schenectady, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
We apologize for the unfortunate experience. This particular reservation was prepaid through a third party travel agency and we at Days Inn did not charge the guest or the travel agency.
Pittsford, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed at this Days Inn in June 2012 and everyone was very friendly and helpful. They have been renovating and we stayed in a deluxe room that was very nice. The breakfast was very nice and had lots of cereals, fruit, bagels, breads, etc. We'd stay here again anytime!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
navin p, General Manager at Days Inn Schenectady, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Our goal at Days Inn Schenectady is to provide the best accommodations and customer service to all our guests. Thanks for the compliments.
Fulton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We have found this hotel to be very friendly, accommodating and ready to help when needed. Their rooms are very clean. Another party traveling with us was very surprised at the low price for the room they were in. Their continental breakfast is better than larger hotels. We have been very pleased with this hotel and will continue to use this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Days Inn Schenectady, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thanks for the review. Our customers are always priority 1.
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Recently, My family and I Traveled across country and stayed at several hotels along the way. Upon entering upstate New York, we decided to spend the night at Days Inn Schenectady. We didn't know what to expect, but it turned out to be the best hospitality we experienced along our route. We took two rooms and the first thing everyone noticed was how clean and fresh they were. The desk and housekeeping staffs were so accommodating, that we decided to stay an extra night. It's obvious that this hotel is under new management. it shows in both the hospitality and accommodations. Definitely recommended.

Room Tip: "Corner Suites are larger and Sunny"
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Days Inn Schenectady, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Compliments are always appreciated. Our staff strives harder everyday to better serve our guests.
Oneonta, N.Y.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Travellers, beware! I stupidly did not check to find out what the pet fee was (I was pretty sure it would be the standard of $ 10 - 25 per dog.) When I checked in, I was told there was a pet service fee of $ 25 PLUS a "non refundable deposit" of $ 50, bringing the total to $ 75 for my dog, which effectively doubled my rate.

I was told this info was available on the website and when I got home I checked. Sure enough, there was a tiny- a VERY tiny icon of a dog. It doesn't look like something that's clickable but I discovered if I held my cursor over one of the tiny legs of this tiny dog for 3 or 4 seconds, a window popped up advising of the fee.

So finding out my room price was doubled when I checked in has left a pretty bad taste in my mouth. Plus, I had booked a non-refundable rate to get a lower price, so there was absolutely nothing I could do but go ahead and pay it.

I feel the hotel should be a lot clearer and upfront about their pet fees; in fact I suspect they are not upfront because they know they'll lose people travelling with dogs if they are.

So with that out of the way... the room and the neighborhood were not as bad as I feared from reading some of these reviews. I will say the mirror was filthy and the coffeemaker was unusable as there was a component missing. Otherwise, it was about what one could expect from a room for this rate.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
navin p, General Manager at Days Inn Schenectady, responded to this review, June 16, 2012
We apologize for the confusion. The non-refundable fee for one pet for one night does come to a total of $75, but we do understand a guest's frustration with that, given the manner in which our web page is currently set up. We are in the process of overhauling our entire web site so that all fees and policies are much more recognizable and understandable. Our new management inherited an out-of-date web page, so unfortunately it's taking a little more time to complete than originally anticipated. In the meantime, we're encouraging all potential guests to call our property directly with questions over any rate, policy or fee that's not absolutely visible or explicit on our web site. Our guests are most important to us and we certainly do not want to deceive them over anything related to our property.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Came here for a sports tournament; slept 5 or 6 to a room. Met the minimum standards of quality for something like that, and had a free breakfast (mainly cereal). Also very well located; short walk to commercial center of downtown Schenectady & places to eat.

Would not recommend the place, however, to any adults with a few more dollars to spare. One leaky ice machine and one washing machine by the lobby (we were on the third floor). Room smelled a little. Some of the room doors were beat up. If I were here again, I'd want to stay at the Holiday Inn Express across the street. I'm sure it would cost more than what we paid (don't know how much our rooms cost), but it would probably be worth it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
navin p, Manager at Days Inn Schenectady, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
We appreciate the review. Our guests' input is extremely important to us. We're addressing all these issues with our ongoing renovation.

Been to Days Inn Schenectady? Share your experiences!