“Good food and excellent service.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #107 of 265 Restaurants in Schenectady
Cuisines: American
Schenectady, New York, United States
“Good food and excellent service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We had excellent service on our last visit., but perhaps that was because it was early in the evening. The hostess is always so chipper and welcoming, and we engage in some some banter. The food is good, not spectacular, but what does one expect from a chain restaurant?

Visited March 2013

Albany
“unimpressive chain restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Although seating was indeed fast, the food experience was a disappointment. My daughter wanted the salad bar, but said that the lettuce did not look crisp and they only had ham as a meat topping. My son's burger was a good size, but my daughter's mini cheeseburgers were dry and had a minuscule piece of american cheese on each that was also dry. My portions of chicken, creamed cauliflower and asparagus were also on the small side and I ended up eating everything on my plate, which i do not usually do. Our waitress was attentive but it was strange when the complimentary biscuits arrived right before our meals. The biscuits themselves tasted too sweet for my liking. My daughters strawberry lemonade was very tart, and none of my family liked it, so it sat almost full throughout the meal. We won't be back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Schenectady, NY
“LAUGH, LUNCH AND LEUKEMIA reviews Ruby Tuesdays, Sch'dy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Terry: Our first stop was the New Ruby Tuesdays at the Mohawk Commons. We went on a Tuesday evening so seating was no problem. Our server was pleasantly atttentive & friendly. Deb and I started out with cold drinks of unsweetened iced tea with lemon for me and Debbie had a strawberry lemonade. Both were refreshing and hit the spot. The "new" part of Ruby's is the addition of several new entrees - some for a limited time, so we thought we would try something new. We started out with a hefty helping of the "new free" (included in most meals) salad bar. I didn't see anything new there... but for the most part I would say that the vegetables, and add-ons were fresh but simply basic. I don't remember seeing fruit that I recall from the past, only a Waldorf type salad which we skipped. The only complaint we had there was that the 6 or 7 choices of salad dressings were not labeled so we had to guess what the 3 "white" dressings were. We resorted to putting some on our plate and tasting it, resourceful girls that we are, we figured it out. Next, a plate with 4 small seasoned biscuits were brought to our table, which we enjoyed along with our salad. When ordering, I thought I would try the new (seared Jamaican Jerk Shrimp) the description said it was "seasoned with a kick." Oh man, they weren't kidding, my taste buds were "a jumpin' and a hollerin!!" It was hot hot hot, and if that's what you like - then I would absolutely recommend. The nicely seared shrimp with a sweet/hot glaze was cooked to perfection. The mango salsa that topped the shrimp and rice was a bit too sweet for my taste. The combination of sweet and hot was interesting, but I generally don't like my rice pilaf to be that "saucy"...as you can tell from the picture there was an abundance of sauce. However, the shrimp was very tasty and I enjoyed all 6 of them. Both of our entrees cost approx. $15.00 each.

Debbie: Well, If you are looking for portion control than this tilapia dish is the one for you...this was enough for me to eat, perfect portion. However, if you like to take a "doggie bag home" for the next day, it's not going to happen. I've been there several times and I believe what they did is give you the salad bar included with your meal and you only get to choose one side. Like Terry said, this is only for certain meal choices on menu. I ordered my favorite, the "New Orleans Talipia with Shrimp" with a light white sauce. It's usually spicier but I asked for a light seasoning to control my chemo driven heartburn (never had heartburn in my life). My side choice was cheddar mashed potatoes which were good. Overall, my dish was DELISH and I'd order that again. Too full for desert, maybe next time.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Niskayuna, New York
“Good service but small servings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Ruby Tuesday's on Balltown Road in Niskayuna, NY has brought back the unlimited salad bar-yea! However, there servings are much smaller, and that is really disappointing. Regardless, service is quick, meals are tasty and the atmosphere is comfortably casual.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good food, good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Really good food. Service very friendly and efficient.
I had salmon, chef nailed it! Salad bar is fresh, with good variety.
My wife had steak which was tender and tasty, cooked right to my wife's request.
Atmosphere is relaxing and comfortable.