“Very comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Schenectady
Lowell, Massachusetts
“Very comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I was staying only one night and was suprised by how beautiful the hotel was. I was also thrilled to be dining in a 4 start restaurant in the hotel. My accomodations were clean and comfortable and my dinner was excellent. If I ever return to the area I will definintely stay at the Stockade Inn again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I had to spend a night in Schenectady this week and found a hidden gem. Very old & quaint, yet elegant at the same time. After comparing other hotels in the area which were not tremendously economically adventageous, I'm glad I spent the little bit extra to be in a nice, safe place. My single room, with a very comfortable large bed, was quite nicely decorated and clean. And what a joy to have plenty of hot water for my shower !!.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Albany, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband and I were married at the Stockade Inn in January 2012. We loved every minute of our wedding experience, and still hear positive comments from our guests about the food and overall experience. We stayed in the beautiful suite and loved the accomodations. There is so much historic charm and a warm, welcoming feeling. The beauty of the hotel was a wonderful backdrop to all of our wedding photos. In addition to our wedding, we've also dined at the Inn and chose it for Easter brunch. The food is delicious and the service is top notch. I highly recommend the Stockade Inn for your wedding or event, a romantic getaway/date night, or even just for a drink.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I always stay at the Stockade Inn whenever I am in town for business. It feels more like a warm and cozy home than a hotel. Their service is excellent...very personable...they will take great care of you while you are here. Their restaurant has great food too. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My family enjoyed our stay in this elegant old hotel, even with two small children. Though there was a jazz band downstairs one night and a wedding the next, our rooms were unbelievably quiet. The building is elegant and fun to explore. The neighborhood is lovely, too, as long as you stay in the historic district. A block or two over was a little uncomfortable to walk through with kids, but we felt quite safe at the Stockade.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor, down the hall from the billiard room, above the restaurant. We heard...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stayed here for a wedding which was also held at the inn. Everything was really well done, people were friendly and courteous, rooms were beautiful and bed was super comfy. Food was decent. Not the greatest location but to be fair we didn't walk around at all so may be better than I realise. We paid $119 +tax which we both thought was a good deal.

• Stayed July 2012
Bristol, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I went to The Stockade as a stop on our way to finger lakes. What a great place and great location. First, it is located in the historic district of Schenectady. Great downtown to walk to, nice walk down to the Mohawk River with benches and gardens and a Bike path all doable with in a short distance of the hotel. Bed and Room were comfortable. The restaurant food is good - a little pricey but good. The bar was a great place to get a drink or much more affordable food. Really, a nice place to visit and comfortable place to stay. There are stairs to your room and a very (I mean very) small old elevator with gated elavator doors (very old style). My husband and I found it fun and a bit scarey - given how little it was (anyone claustaphobic could not do it). It was fun to try. Room was good price with a continental breakfast (very basic but everything you need to start the day, cereal, fruit, coffee, juice, packaged pastries and bagels). We are not sure why the Inn doesn't have information about the close by river park/bike path - they really should promote that part of the experience.

Room Tip: Go explore the historic neighborhood - walk to the river, and go to the nearbye park with boat launc...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Stockade Inn? Share your experiences!