“Top-Notch B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of English Garden Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Schenectady
English Garden Bed & Breakfast
Save Saved
You added English Garden Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
205 Union Street, Schenectady, NY 12305   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Schenectady B&B and Inns
falmouth
“Top-Notch B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Huge rooms, with refrig, sink, microwave in hallway, TV, DVD player (with a dvd library available), desk, sofa, and a bathroom in the room. Nice breakfast-more than you can eat! Keep in mind that you can request a healthy breakfast (like yogurt, cereal, fruit, etc.) instead of a gourmet breakfast. Virginia was helpful and the location was top-notch. It's also walking distance from the train.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Spartanburg, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed three nights. As other reviewers have noted the inn is old (build in the late 1700s) but clean. Our TV didn't work well, but the beds were very comfortable and the breakfasts were excellent. there is some noise in the spring and summer with windows open - but not too bad.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Bedford, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

I stayed at the English Garden Bed and Breakfast for one night while visiting family in the Stockade section of Schenectady. The innkeeper, Virginia, welcomed me warmly when I arrived and showed me to my room. The only thing about my room is that I was told, when I reserved, that I would be in the Martha Room. I was checked into the Ellice Room -- a room on the lower level at the front of the house, which does not have a bathroom within the room. Guests staying in the Ellice Room need to walk down the hall to use the bathroom on the lower level. Be sure to confirm that you want a private bath and re-confirm when you are checking in. It was fine overall -- I was the only person using the bathroom and I was staying only one night.

The room had a TV and plenty of light for reading. The bed was comfortable with blankets, pillows and quilts a-plenty.

Breakfast was delicious! Virginia asked ahead of time if I had any food preferences or limitations, so I felt well cared for. She served an au gratin egg dish with fresh melon, juice and coffee. Very satisfying and more than I could finish!

Books and local tourist brochures abound if you arrive wishing for something to read.

Highly recommend that you make reservations well in advance, especially around holidays or local events.

Beautiful B&B -- I do recommend that you give it a try!

Room Tip: Ellice Room is on the first floor, front of house just as you enter the front door. I would not reco...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

The Hostess is just great. She is there to help. I had a front second floor room. The bed was quite marvelous. Then because I changed my plans I moved downstairs for one night. My knees were quite thankful for the change even though I had to share a bathroom! The building is an old one but very clean. There is always ample hot water for showers. And there is a refrigerator with cold water for guest use.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

This big beautiful brick row-house was built around the turn of the 1800's, but still has all of the style and grace it was born with. My room was HUGE and well furnished. The bed was so comfy I just didn't want to get up in the morning. I walked to Union College to see my son. Several restaurants within walking distance.

A nice breakfast and big carafe of coffe was waiting for me even though I came down 15 minutes early. For the price? Cannot be beat.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Our rooms were very large and equipped with TV, WIFI, and a sitting area. Interesting artwork. Linens were silky soft. Bed was comfortable. Good in town location. Old but clean.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Basildon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

The rooms were clean and tidy. We had Suite which had a bathroom dividing the 2 rooms. One room had settee and armchair for sitting in which were comfortable but the adjoining room only had the one seat. The downside to this accommodation was the fact that there was no tea or coffee making facilities. There was a microwave on the landing and bottled water was provided and kept in a fridge. Breakfast was sufficient but a little on the sweet side for our 'english' taste.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to English Garden Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!