“Large well lit and comfortable rooms” 5 of 5 stars
Review of English Garden Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Schenectady
English Garden Bed & Breakfast
Save Saved
You added English Garden Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
205 Union Street, Schenectady, NY 12305   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Schenectady B&B and Inns
Alaska
“Large well lit and comfortable rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

The Hostess is just great. She is there to help. I had a front second floor room. The bed was quite marvelous. Then because I changed my plans I moved downstairs for one night. My knees were quite thankful for the change even though I had to share a bathroom! The building is an old one but very clean. There is always ample hot water for showers. And there is a refrigerator with cold water for guest use.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

This big beautiful brick row-house was built around the turn of the 1800's, but still has all of the style and grace it was born with. My room was HUGE and well furnished. The bed was so comfy I just didn't want to get up in the morning. I walked to Union College to see my son. Several restaurants within walking distance.

A nice breakfast and big carafe of coffe was waiting for me even though I came down 15 minutes early. For the price? Cannot be beat.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Our rooms were very large and equipped with TV, WIFI, and a sitting area. Interesting artwork. Linens were silky soft. Bed was comfortable. Good in town location. Old but clean.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Basildon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

The rooms were clean and tidy. We had Suite which had a bathroom dividing the 2 rooms. One room had settee and armchair for sitting in which were comfortable but the adjoining room only had the one seat. The downside to this accommodation was the fact that there was no tea or coffee making facilities. There was a microwave on the landing and bottled water was provided and kept in a fridge. Breakfast was sufficient but a little on the sweet side for our 'english' taste.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

We decided to take a break from chain hotels and stay at a B & B as we visit colleges. Glad we did! Virginia was very welcoming and accommodating. What a great location for restaurants and visiting Union College. Our room was spacious and comfortable. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2009

Kudos all the around and after my experience here, would never stay anywhere else when traveling to Schenectady or the surrounding area. They had all the amenities I could ask for to both work & relax including free wireless Internet. Bravo!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
milvain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2007

I had to travel to Albany from Boston to sit for a professional exam and stayed at this B&B because I was unable to find lodging in Albany. I was delighted with my stay. The room was inexpensive (less than $100/night), very large, and clean, and had a lot of character, as did the house itself. I had to leave the B&B by 7:00 each morning, and each day, the proprietor left a substantial breakfast -- made to my specifications -- for me, with a thermos of coffee. The negative review by the previous poster -- involving bats, etc. -- suggests a peculiar, anomalous, and unrepresentative experience. I would without hesitation stay at this B&B again.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to English Garden Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!