“Nice Clean Place to stay in Schenectady” 3 of 5 stars

Mallozzi's Belvedere Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1926 Curry Road, Schenectady, NY 12303   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Schenectady
Katonah, New York
“Nice Clean Place to stay in Schenectady”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Staff were friendly, helpful and professional. Facilities were clean (overall). Shower curtain in bathtub had black mold at the bottom. Served the purpose- clean, comfortable place to spend a night. The continental breakfast in the morning was decent, generic and edible.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Gainesville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stumbled on this hotel after leaving Cooperstown. It was only $99 for a spacious room, clean & quiet. There's a great sports bar right across the street. Decent Continental breakfast was included. We were VERY pleased with this hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Little Compton, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

We stayed two nights at this facility. The room was nice and clean. Very comfortable bed. The hotel was quiet. The staff was extremely accomedating. We stayed there for a wedding reception at Mallozzi. I didn't think the price was all that bad. the hotel is a bit dated, but it is not a destination spot asnd it is more than adaguate.

Room Tip: If the suites are open choose the suite. It is a really nice room wqith a jaccuzi and a corner showe...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Lexington, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

We recently stayed at the Belvedere Hotel over the Christmas Eve and Christmas holiday as we wanted to stay close to family, and thought a smaller family owned hotel would be cozier than a chain hotel. Could not have been more disappointed. A flag should have went off when the individual who took the reservation over the phone was extremely brisk, not very friendly, and only happy once he was able to "upsell" a jacuzzi suite to us. The check-in clerk was quite friendly and accomodating, however the room was a huge disappointment, with only a small jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. The couch was old, mishapen and was covered in hair, and the tv and furniture had not been dusted or cleaned in some time. A letter was left in the room indicating the housekeeping staff was off for the holiday, however the level of uncleanliness was unacceptable. Even the quality of the tissues was so poor, we sent a sample to the hotel owner. To be fair and to offer the hotel the opportunity to address our concerns and our request for a partial refund, we wrote and expressed our disappointment and have received zero response. This hotel is definitely not worth $174 per night.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here after a wedding at the ajoining catering hall Mallozis. The check in was easy and quick. The room was clean, not overly large. I think that the price given was a bit high at $151.00. And that was the "wedding guest rate". There isn't too much in the area so I guess this would be it if you were on town for a wedding next door. I would try to get a better price on-line if possible.

• Stayed June 2011
Northford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Stayed here after attending a wedding reception across the parking lot at Mallozzis (which was excellent by the way). Average Hotel - rooms were OK - nothing special. A bit dated but comfortable. Front desk person below average. No personality and gave the impression of that they could care less if we were there or not. Unfortunately for The Belvedere, that's a customer's first and last impression. Won't rush to go back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

I had to be at Union College for a family weekend for my daughter's summer camp (Thursday to Saturday actually). I went on all discount sights to find a cheap rate, but none were available for what this hotel was offering. It was significantly less than even Priceline bidding. Ask for AAA rate or Union College rate. You cannot make a reservation online, but I emailed my request and they emailed me back within 24 hours. Not knowing the area of Schenectady at all, I was not sure of where the hotel was in relation to Union College, but when I called for reservation the staff knew exactly how far and the directions. I was pleasantly surprised when I drove up. The hotel is really non-descript. I checked in early and there was no problem with a room being ready. Only one staff at the desk, lobby was small with the breakfast "nook" in the lobby, but it was spotless. Computer in the lobby as well. The staff was so nice, they even let me in the back office to print something I needed. Room was decorated "country chic" style (not in the latest white linen), but was very clean and the bathroom was renovated. It was a larger room than I expected. The air conditioner was great (I actually had to turn it down as I was so cold.) No HD television, but a standard t.v. was just fine. Room was quiet and beds were fine. There are safes in the room. Mine didn't work when I got in, but the desk guy came up and fixed it asap. Only problem is that there is no internet in the room. When I asked if there was, the staff told me that there was a connection, but I would need my own wire. Who travels with a wire these days!!! Free breakfast was standard continental, but there was hot water, coffee and juice available at all times in the lobby. I requested a wake up call and did NOT get it. Staff the next morning was helpful and pleasant. Desk staff has printed directions to all local sights. No pool at this hotel, but apparently the restaurant associated with the hotel, across the parking lot is supposed to be great. I got the impression that there were many "regulars" here. Price Chopper across the street and dunkin Donuts around the cornerl. Just a few miles to Walmart and Hannefords.

Room Tip: They have a AAA and CAA rate. Ask for it.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to Mallozzi's Belvedere Inn? Share your experiences!