“Never again” 2 of 5 stars

Liverpool, NY
3 attraction reviews
“Never again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

My friends and I used Wade Tours to head down from Syracuse to Watkins Glen last summer for the Finger Lakes Wine Festival. The time spent at the festival was supposed to be 11am to 4pm. Not only did the bus driver get lost along the way, but we didn't even get there till almost 1pm. The host lady completely ignored everyone complaining and said something to the effect of "oh we mis-calculated the time.." You didn't mis-calculate, you got lost! Everyone on the bus was very angry and demanded that we be allowed to stay at the festival later - unfortunately the festival ended at 5pm. So while we were allowed to stay till then, our trip was still cut short. The host lady never even addressed any of the complaints. I wrote a complaint on the comment card at the end of the trip and received an apology letter from the company - but NO reimbursement or % off a future trip or anything. I appreciated the letter, but I spent a good amount of money to spend the day at the festival - and that was cut short because YOUR bus driver got lost and no one addressed ANY complaints. Had they given me some compensation or % off a future trip, I'd consider using them again. But since they didn't, never again. This year my friends and I are staying in Watkins Glen for the weekend so we didn't have to deal with any bus trips.

Visited August 2010

New York
7 attraction reviews
“Wade Bus Tours NYC Day Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

My wife and I took a trip down to NYC from Albany NY via Wade Bus Tours during Columbus Day weekend. The bus was clean, seats comfortable, an excellent operator and personable. The bus left us off at Bryant Park, from there we went to the WTC, St Paul's Chapel, and Chinatown. Took the subway everywhere, security was tight, felt very safe, tourist guides along the most needed areas, city was very clean. We compliment Mayor Bloomberg and all the hard working city employees for making our visit so worthwhile.