“Wanted to like” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Voorheesville, New York
“Wanted to like”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We've been wanting to try this place after reading some pretty good reviews. Mid Sunday afternoon visit. Early for dinner but we were in Schenectady. Very few people but it was early. Pleasant wait staff and clean. But the food was just so so. I had a 3 course special for $20.13. The roasted beet, goat cheese & greens with a balsamic glaze was very good. My main dish was a chicken in lemon sauce, capers, mushrooms over linguine. It was too much lemon & yet the chicken didn't have a lot of flavor. Dessert was a warm bread pudding with raisins that was pretty good. You usually can't go wrong with spaghetti & meatballs but my husband, mr. Italian connoisseur, said the meatballs were tough & the sauce wasn't as good as his. So we won't be going back -so sad since I really wanted to like this place

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Canandaigua
“Very good, I'd definitely go back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This review is for Perecca's restaurant, not the bakery next door. I went there while traveling through Schenectady and had a great meal. The atmosphere is nice, not fancy or high end, but comfortable. I had the best tomato base pesce soup ever and ended up leaving with a bowl to go. My pasta was good too. The service was very good, prompt, polite, not intrusive, and the server provided my bill promptly.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
CliftonPark, NY
“Delicioso!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been here twice thus far. Once for breakfast and again for dinner. Both times I was more than pleased. I like the fact that it feels comfortable there, not fancy, but rather homey and authentic. The breakfast sandwich with Italian sausage and eggs was wonderful served on Perreca's famous bread. For dinner I had the eggplant, so authentically prepared and the sautéed escarole. At first I didn't like the escarole because it seemed to have some vinegar but the more I ate it, the more I liked this unusual pairing with olive oil and garlic. My friend had lasagna and it was outstanding. We could't stop dipping our bread in the sauce and the fabulous vinaigrette salad dressing that came with our well done salads. I can't wait to return and this will be my go to place when I want home style cooking.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta
“Best soup and eggplant parmegian sandwich that I have every had.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The service good and now I am addicted to the soup and the eggplant parmegano sandwich even if I cannot spell it. Doesn't matter what kind of soup. They are all great!

Amsterdam, New York
“management response - outstanding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

After my last review about the service in this restaurant, I was contacted by the owner. She emailed several times about the issues we had experienced and assured us they had been addressed. I was very impressed with her response. We're planning on going back soon, because as I've stated several times, the food is wonderful.

• Visited September 2012