“management response - outstanding” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Amsterdam, New York
“management response - outstanding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

After my last review about the service in this restaurant, I was contacted by the owner. She emailed several times about the issues we had experienced and assured us they had been addressed. I was very impressed with her response. We're planning on going back soon, because as I've stated several times, the food is wonderful.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

67% Recommend
Albany, New York
“Real Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

A bustling little downtown restaurant and the only place in the Tri-City area serving real Braciole. The Braciole was awesome, just like grandma used to make - meat so tender it fell apart with just a touch of a fork. Served with choice of side (I choose the escarole with garlic) and Perreca's deservedly famous bread - it was the best meal I have had in a very long time. Service was fast and super friendly; prices extremely reasonable. Seemed like everyone in Schenectady was there - retirees, business people, ladies who lunch, families - all enjoying good food with good companions and good conversation. Only drawback is it's not Albany where I live.... However, well worth the trip. Looking forward to trying the eggs with peppers.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Our waitress is awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Our waitress (katina) and the food were excellent!!!!!! We had the Mac and cheese and the Delmonico. The environment here is very unique. Our waitress was extremely nice and accommodating.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Albany New York
“Eh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My companion ordered a penne dish with vegetables, the signature piece. It was fairly good, but it took a microscope to find the veggies. I had eggplant parm, which was OK but had almost no sauce on it. It was supposed to be served with spaghetti, but instead, it came with tired cappellini - packaged that must have been sitting around cooked to be refreshed for each order. The salads are good - fresh, crisp greens. Overall, the food is just OK, but when the price is factored in, I would have to say that it isn't very good value. I would have to agree with other reviewers that the service is not particularly good. It is VERY noisy, even though only a few tales were filled when I was there. The location and the Perreca's name are carrying the restaurant for now, but it couldn't stand on its own with all the competition in this category.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Inexpensive and Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We have dined here several times and were impressed each time. The meatloaf, baked eggplant, chicken parm and 4 slice pizzas are very good. The child's mac n cheese, is very straightforward and perfect for a picky kid. It's not for an adult, in that it's very plain. We really liked the broccoli penne, but longed for more broccoli. It comes with a ton of juicy chicken, but not enough broccoli.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere