“Convenient and Clean” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Schenectady
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Convenient and Clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Stayed one night for visiting Union College. The hotel looks rundown but was conveniently located, though not in the nicest part of town. The room and bathroom were very clean and
everything worked. Plenty of clean towels and good water pressure in the shower. Fairly basic but comfortable enough.

Because of prior old reviews, I did feel concerned about safety as there didn't seem to be anyone in the front office at night. Otherwise I was given a quiet room by the manager who
seemed attentive to my request.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Oshawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

This hotel was recommended by Orbitz which are affiliated with Amtrak. I was told by Orbitz it was a 3.5 out of 5. My husband was picking me up at the train station, but got caught in traffice in New York. The amtrak attendant did not really know where this hotel was, so I started up the long hill on State Street. The hotel is in a terrible area, and has no curb appeal at all. I was prepaid through Orbitz. When the desk person came out, he was surly looking with red eyes. I was by myself and he asked for payment, I told him it was prepaid. He made some phone call to someone and then said ok. I fortunately had the confirmation printout with me otherwise I may have been hitting the streets again. I asked to see a room first. The rooms were spotless very clean and had been redone completely. I was the only person staying at this hotel. There was supposed to be a continental breakfast, there was some coffee thats it. I wanted to call my husband and could not get a line out of the room, I went to front desk twice and due to language barrier never did get a line out. My husband got there and we left first thing the next morning. Would not advise for woman on her own or even with another woman. Schenectady not a very appealing town police everywhere so you know somethings up.

Room Tip: Ask to see a room before you book.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Schenectady/Albany West? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Americas Best Value Inn-Schenectady/Albany West

Address: 759 State Street, Schenectady, NY 12307-1288
Location: United States > New York > Schenectady
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Wheelchair access
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Schenectady
Hotel Class:2 star — Americas Best Value Inn-Schenectady/Albany West 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn-Schenectady/Albany West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Econo Lodge Schenectady
Schenectady Econo Lodge

If you own or manage Americas Best Value Inn-Schenectady/Albany West, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.