“do not stay here” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 12 hotels in Schenectady
long island
“do not stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

This is a very run down motel. It is a motel for transients or welfare residents, as we witnessed. We ate the charge of $134.00 rather than stay there. We drove 4 hours home instead.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
blahblah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2008

Probally the best priced in the area. Not spic and span clean but certainly not dirty. Has chairs to sit on porch but no pool. Housekeeping staff very nice but seem to be bothered by ungrateful new owners. If you want luxary not the place to go, however if you want something centrally located, inexpensive and comfortable is a good choice.

Stayed July 2007
Detroit
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2008

I have never bothered to rate a hotel before. I came online just to do it so nobody ever has to go through what we went through. Our room was so filthy, there was not even a square inch of something clean. I had to clean the sink, tub, and toilet before being able to step foot in the room. We had to wear flip flops at all times in the room, since the rug was sticky. I brought in our sleeping bags and pillows from our road trip to sleep, since everything was so dirty.

I am a camper. So, I don't mind sleeping in a tent on the ground and using shared bathing facilities. I'm not that picky. But, this was absolutely terrible. When I went to open the shower curtain, my hand was covered with slime from the reverse side. Yuck.

It was too late at night to make arrangements elsewhere. I would have slept in my car, but I didn't know how safe it would have been (given the way that the hotel presented itself).

We hope that our pleas to the management improve the condition for others in the future. In the meanwhile, I hope this helps you better make your travel arrangements.

• Disliked — It was filthy
  • Stayed June 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2008

I have stayed at the Stardust many times from 2006 though 2008 and found the proprietors to be very friendly and helpful. The rooms were always very clean and the hotel staff very accommodating. It was quiet, especially since I like to get to bed early. Great cable TV and high speed wireless internet access is available as well!

I fully recommend this hotel for visitors, with families, couples or singles, for a stay at the motel.

• Liked — friendliness and cleanliness
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2007

The non-smoking room reaked of tobacco smoke....they changed our room but still had odor. The towels were rough...like the ones they use to dry your car off at car washes. Continental breakfast, what a laugh, a cellophane wrapped honey bun and old coffee and "cremora powder creamer". Any place that lists a "toilet" as an amenity should have been a warning to us...which by the way did not have a lid. Also, the water was brown........and took forever to drain, It appears that this motor inn is used by welfare people. Definitly not worth $89 + tax!!

• Liked — location to town
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2007

Where to start! The room smelled old, the pillow cases had stains on them, on both beds. Didn't dare look at the sheets. We slept on top of the beds, I used a T-shirt for a pillow case. The tub was not nice and took forever to drain out.. Towels and washcloths were like sand paper and I used a hand towel to stand on in the tub to shower and that too was stained! The cost was $91 a night with the taxes, wasn't worth $30. The refrigerator also dirty, dust and cobwebs visible on lights above beds. We were going to leave the next day and not stay again, but were exhausted from our day so stuck it out. We should have voiced our opinion at the time but we settled in late and was just in shock I guess, won't make that mistake again. Don't know about the other rooms but just beware.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — conditions of the room
  • Stayed July 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2006

As a consultant, I tend to find myself living out of hotels. When it comes to the Stardust, I have never left dissapointed. In total, I have stayed at the hotel on 4 different occasions, suprisingly twice under the old management, and twice under the new management. Although I was more than happy with the facilities under the old management, the new manager has definitely made a number of positive changes, and the hotel is definitely going places. The manager is very approachable and friendly, always ready to listen and try accomodate in any way he can. Makes a massive change from all these franchised hotels, where if there is a serious problem, you have to call up corporate headquaters and listen to really bad music while being kept on hold! and even after the wait, they can easily just tell you to get lost, which has happend on more than one occasion to me.

I have always really enjoyed my stay at this place. The hotel has a good atmosphere, and all the staff are very helpful and friendly. As well as clean rooms and good facilities, the hotel has vcr's, fridges and microwaves in the room which makes life a lot easier. Its ideally located just off i-90 which makes just about everywhere accessible. You can also get a variety of different fast foods like chinese, pizza, chicken delivered to the rooms from the various fast food places the deliver there.

I have never been dissapointed, and undoubtedly will be staying there again in the future. This is definitely a highly recommended place, from a constant hotel resident! I look forward to my stay there in the new year.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Stardust Motor Inn? Share your experiences!