“Nasty Just Nasty” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 12 hotels in Schenectady
Conway, South Carolina
“Nasty Just Nasty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

the pictures is not what you get...the sheets were nasty, old beds that have boards under them. it was more like a crack hotel...i would rather camped in the wood with a bear than stay there again!!!

Room Tip: do not stay here, run for your life
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Utica, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

this place is so disgustingly dirty! there are bed bugs and my family member got a staph infection as a result. they never change the sheets, the mattresses are filthy and stained as is the carpet. the floors are filthy, the tub bottom is black, the toilets are horrendous! He would never have stayed but he was travelling for work and this is where the company book his room.
He complained to the staff and nothing was ever done. His room wasnt cleaned, the sheets were never changed, nothing....They did change his room when he showed them the multiple bites he had, but the next room was as bad as the first!
The owner said "go ahead" when I went to the office to raise cain, I told her I was turning her into the health dept. disgusting people run this filthy bed bug/staph infected place!

Room Tip: there arent any!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
plymouth pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

was not worth the money for a so called jacuzzi suite.Room was filthy.Bed had peoples names carved into it.Dirty towels under bathroom sink.Bathroom door would not close. towels were thin and stained.No housekeeping service.Its a good thing we brought our own blankets and pillows cuz we used them.also we brught clorox cleanup and we had to disinfect the room before we used anything..

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
LC TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

Personally I love this place. Very comfortable beds. First class Wi Fi service, friendly staff (for NYS) Great location right off NYS Thruway. Very reasonale price. The rooms are clean and large . The location is almosr rural and VERY safe which is more than I can say for the Econolodge and the Days Inn in SCHDY.There is a nice mini fridge and microwave in each room. Smokers are welcome. There are even rooms available with hot tubs. Great Heating and AC old style units that really work, not like you have in newer hotels that dont work worth a damn.
but it is not for everyone. The Motel is a property built in 1962, and shows its age The lobby is a bit of a put off. And bring your own shampoo and hair dryer. The funishings are old but very useable with a desk and a table in the room.
If you need to stay in SCHDY and its coming out of your own pocket this is the best Motel available for te price..

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Rome, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

My husband and I chose this hotel on a business trip to save our organization a little money (we work for a small nonprofit). Our conference was in Schenectady, and the motel was easy to get to from the highway, only about a 8-minute drive. We stayed two nights. The hotel was built in the 1960s, and still had much of its vintage signage with little exterior updating.

The rates were very reasonable, but as expected the amenities were not substantial. The motel provided soap, clean towels, and washcloths, but little else. I was hoping for an iron, and my husband found he had forgotten his razor, but we made other arrangements and it worked out fine. The shower left a little to be desired, as the water pressure was nil, but we dealt with it. Our room key didn't work the first time, but the front desk clerk came out to our room to let us in himself and the problem was fixed by the time we left for the evening and returned. Also, our phone was not working, which didn't really bother us as we used our cell phones and the front desk was only a short walk away. The only real issue I had is that the bedspread smelled just slightly like smoke (we were in a non-smoking room) and vaguely of not being laundered. Fortunately, the sheets underneath were clean, so I avoided the bedspread as much as possible. You may also want to bring additional pillows, as we only had 3 for our king-sized bed.

That said, the staff that we dealt with were friendly, and our room was clean. They did offer coffee and danishes/honey buns for light continental fare in the morning, but be sure to get there early for the best selection :}, as I think that many of the guests were construction workers and get an early start. The wireless internet works best when near a window, but it does work. And it was pretty quiet, despite being right off the highway. On the whole, a reasonable room for a reasonable rate.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Western MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

I almost passed on this place because of the reviews. But, The weekend was going to be expensive enough already, I figured why not? I haven't stayed in a dive in a long time. I was pleasantly surprised!! Comfortable bed and a clean room. Easy to get on and off I-90 and I-890. Bring your own shampoo, soap and conditioner. You may need to remind them that a king is the really, big bed. But, like I said, whataya want for $50?

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Schenectady NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

I conduct my consulting business from here and host business associates as guests regularly. My guests have never complained..
The place is clean: I daily watch the proficient housekeeping staff scour vacated rooms.
So I say again: NICE PLACE, NICE PRICE!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Been to Stardust Motor Inn? Share your experiences!