“Good, not great.” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Fort Lee, New Jersey
“Good, not great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This restaurant needs an overhaul. The food is ok, the service is overall pleasant/prompt and it is fairly clean. A lot of portion for your money, pretty decent menu to choose from. This is a good spot for a family with children. Not the spot for a romantic dinner, but decent for dinner with friends. The décor is warped, the seating is warped and years of wear on it. They need a revamp, but good in a pinch if you are hungry.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Bring back Mr Racanelli”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have been patrons for more then twenty years, the food was delicious, the portions awesome. This new change and facelift has changed everything that was good about dining there.
Half the menu has disappeared, the prices went through the roof, the quality of food down the tubes.
I can understand change and improvement, and making things better, but in the process don't lose the identity and quality that founder Mr Racanelli created!
This facility is charging NYC prices, and not delivering the goods. I assume there was a tremendous loss of customers, who have been dissatisfied with this new look, and costs for menu items,that simply don't reflect the integrity that once was. I'm not trying to bash the establishment, but if you want to raise prices somewhat do it in a moderate fashion, don't kill us. lastly don't raise prices and cut half of the original menu. I hope I can return someday when things are more reasonable.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
new york
“A truly disappointig experience. They need a staff overhaul.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Wow. Just an AWFUL experience. We went there for lunch for 12 people after making reservations three days earlier. We got there and were told there was a wedding taking place (which is kind of like having a wedding at McDonalds) and the place was closed for this event. We asked the clueless girl up front to get us a manager. Finally after standing outside long enough, my husband went inside to find a bunch of staff standing around while we were ignored. And the "manager" came up and said "I don't know who made the reservation, but there is nothing we can do." No apology, nothing. Must have been her first day on the job. Clueless, unprofessional staff. Heard the food is terrible too. I will NEVER go there. I was so embarrassed. We went to Fridays and my mother in law had a great lunch. Too bad Racanelli's almost ruined it. Save your money. This place has terrible reviews. I only wish I had heeded the warning with all the other bad reviews.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Renovation is beautiful and great food at a good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

First time back since the renovation and the diningroom is open and airy. Food was delicious and the service was prompt. Fantastic cappuccino. Much better now and will definitely go back. Prices were very reasonable for good food.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
new york
“Newly renovated, new name”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Went to Racanellis for dinner, the place is wide open, not like the previous pizza and brew. The munu selection is limited. Ordered the childrens pizza for my 3 year old and there was way too much spice on it for a 3 year old. There was a nice touch with the fresh bread and oil with whole olives. One of the breads is made there and is delicious. The main course does not state that is comes with a side of pasta. when my eggplant parm came out there was a side of zitti, if I would have know I would have picked a different type of pasta. there is not a large selection of choices on the menu. I heard the couple behind me say how "the prices went up and there is not much of a choice and now no sides come with the food." Our waiter, Mike was very nice as was the bus boy. Not sure I would go back there again, there are so many other italian restaruants with a bigger selection. The prices were a above what you would expect to pay. I guess they have to pay for the renovations some how.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere