“Excellent bbq” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Westchester
“Excellent bbq”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Had first time takeout from DNA this evening. Food was flavorful, hot, and ready when promised. Look forward to a repeat visit

• Visited January 2014

Yonkers, New York, United States
“Real Deal BBQ in Westchester”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Have been driving by D&A for a few weeks now and anticipating the opening. Finally, we stop in and find the Grand Opening Sign. Parked ASAP and couldn't wait to try it. Lorraine welcomed us in and the owner Doug was also at the front. Talk about hospitality, So warm and down to earth. The inside was amazing and spacious, the decor was pleasing and the atmosphere was very welcoming. Lorraine sat us down and gave us the menu. As soon as I saw it, I knew I will be back here many more times. I've decided to try the entire menu by first starting with the very first on the list which was the Ribs. Let me tell you, WOW those suckers are huge and tender. So delicious. My Fiance had the brisket and that too was tasty. I can't wait to go back and go for the number 2 spot on the menu.

Westchester has finally gotten a great BBQ restaurant. We will definitely be regulars here. You won't regret it. When they finally start selling alcohol, this place will be packing hungry and thirsty crowds in no time. The website is not up yet, but you can check them out on facebook under DNA Smokehouse BBQ.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Scarsdale, New York
“Finally - Good BBQ That I Don't Have to Drive 15 Miles to Get!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We knew that DNA was on it's way but had no idea when it would open. My wife and I happened to have dinner in the restaurant next door a couple of nights before we went to DNA and after all of the anticipation imagine our delight when we saw that the place had finally opened for business. As soon as we could find a night to try it out we went in and were not disappointed.

The place is run by a guy who, I think, would rather be a barbecue chef than a restauranteur and, frankly, it shows. DNA is short on amenity but extremely long on good BBQ. The store itself was a bit cold and the chairs are metal making sitting something of an adventure in the winter but after all, it's a BBQ place so don't expect elegance.

We ordered a 1/2 pound of ribs and an plate of burnt ends accompanied by the slaw and baked beans. On the table are two bottles of sauce - one marked hot and the other was unmarked and it turned out to be a mild sauce - mild - but in no way lacking flavor. We asked for the ribs to be plated dry (and they were) and when we asked for some of the mild sauce from the kitchen so it would be warm we were hallpily obliged and the sauce was delivered as promptly as could be expected. As good as the ribs were, I thought that the burnt ends were to die for.

We decided, even before we left, that we would return soon and try two different things on the menu. I can't wait to go back!!!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New york
“Great ambiance sweet Bbq”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Big Southern style flavor and What an aroma. This place has a smoker and smakoes eveything from the whole chicken to beef ribs. The coleslaw is extradinarily good crisp flavor for a bbq joint. Last thing I really liked their was the beef brisket sandwich which the bbq sauce made by the chef. I'll definitely return.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere