“Popular spot in downtown scarsdale” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
CHAT American Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 91 Restaurants in Scarsdale
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Chase Rd
Transit: Scarsdale Station off the Harlem Line 1/2 block from our location.
New York City, New York
“Popular spot in downtown scarsdale”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Busy and reliable -- good nouvelle american food with some nice twists. The carpaccio is quite good for example. The service is attentive and there is outdoor seating pleasant in the warmer weather.

Visited June 2013

Bronxville, New York
“They should pay you!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Went here for the first time last week. What a huge disappointment.

Ordered a Bloody Mary that was watered down and in a cracked glass. Not to mention something funky floating in the drink. The waiter couldn't even identify the particles in the cocktail, but he found it funny. Stick with the water!

We asked for bread for the table and was given a basket with two small slices of ice cold bread that were hard as a rock ( not edible). I am absolutely convinced we were given someone's left over bread from another table... considering every other table had full baskets of bread.

I ordered the tuna tartare came out warm with a slight slime on it! Also not edible! It was one of the most unappetizing and gross experiences I have ever had.

This is an absolute "eat at your own risk" restaurant!

As I sat at the table with my boyfriend I said to him, I'm afraid I may end up in the ER tonight!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Yonkers, New York
“Chat-less”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

A few people had recommended the place but no one gave it a flowering review but decided to give it a try this past Saturday night. Being in Scarsdale, I wrongly assumed that it was more upscale and people dressed accordingly. I was surprised to see many diners dressed for a beer n burger joint. The place was crowded (reservations were made) and they sat us in the rear and I faced the wall all night which lasted all of 45 mins. We arrived just before 7 pm and after perusing the menu, the waiter took our drink order along with our main course (we didn't order any appetizers). Don't know how they did it but after 2 sips of my martini out came the main courses. That was off-putting. No time to chat, no time to enjoy my drink. I felt a bit rushed with staff hovering and asking if I was finished. With dessert, we were finished in 45 mins. However, must say both our entrees were very good. There were a few people eating outside but I felt it was too cool. I will go back again and eat outside. This time I will give them my drink order and then the main course when I'm 2/3's through my drink. Hence, I would have rated this "Very Good" if it were not for the "rush job". Try it but pay heed lest you will be out the door before you know it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NYC
“Great food, great setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

I'd heard about the restaurant for awhile but this was my first visit. I was not disappointed. We sat outside because it was a nice night and we could people watch, but it did get chilly towards the end of the night. The heat lamp by out table was not working. I had a passionfruit Cosmo and it was good. Ok, I had 2 :) Even though my date called ahead to see if there was a gluten free menu and they said no, there actually was. I had the short rib dish. It was very tasty. The potatoes au gratin were delicious. My date had the sliced steak and he enjoyed it. We skipped dessert. The service was good and I love the location. I will definitely be back. Also, after dinner, the bar scene was hopping inside!

Visited April 2013
New York
“Good Neighborhood Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

CHAT is a nice neighborhood restaurant with a large bar area. The food is consistently good and the atmosphere is fine. If you dine on a warm day, be sure to ask for an outside table...the views might not be spectacular but it sure is nice to dine with a breeze.

Visited August 2012