“Disgusting.” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Saugerties
Madison, Connecticut
“Disgusting.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Hotel is filthy. Dirty sheets on the bed. Non-existent housekeeping. Not worth it.Complained about sheets I was given new ones to put on myself. No one vacums the rooms or common areas. Complained to corporate received an email saying sorry but it was late and housekeeping was not on duty.

Room Tip: Dont do it!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
I am so sorry that your sheets were soiled as you say they were.
Yes it is true that during our renovations the hallways are constantly
getting dirty....but we do vacuum them as needed. This problem occurred
when you first checked in on 7/16/14. You are staying 18 nights with us.
I guess the rest of your stay was to your approval. If not you would have
checkout.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Saugerties, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

My family and I stayed here as we prepared to move out of NY. We chose Comfort Inn because of its pet friendly policy. I went in person to make the reservation and the staff was more than accommodating. They even asked if I had anything such as AAA or AARP so I could receive additional discounts. I knew the hotel was under renovation, so it was no surprise to me to see the main entrance roped off and other "construction" sights. Our room was on the opposite side of the hotel from any work being done. When we arrived and checked in, again the staff was friendly. Our room was tastefully decorated (it had already been renovated) but there was barely enough room to turn around! The room would have been better suited as a single and certainly was not big enough for 3 adults and a dog. There was a refrigerator in the room which was located inside of a piece of furniture which was oversized. Having the refrigerator on generated a great deal of heat inside this piece of furniture, but if we left the door of it open, we could not walk past it. All in all, the room was clean, the staff was friendly, but the engineering should be rethought. Also, the breakfast left a lot to be desired.

Room Tip: Rooms that don't face the thruway are desirable!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
I was pleased to hear that all of the staff was friendly and attentive to you.
I"m sorry that you felt the room was small, but there is nothing we can do to make your type of room larger. Please be advised that we do have much larger rooms, so when you come back please request one of our leisure rooms.Thank you for your comments
crazielcutie
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I stayed at the Comfort Inn this past weekend. Upon booking, I was not informed that any construction would be going on-instead, I was left to find out upon arrival. The whole parking lot was filled with trucks/construction debris. I walked through sheet-rock dust and concrete floors covered in glue to the front desk. Upon check-in, they attempted to put me on the 1st floor of the hotel where the majority of the construction was taking place. I kindly asked to be moved to the 2nd floor and after an attitude from the man at the front desk, he finally switched me. I lugged my suitcases up the flight of stairs and got settled in my room. After leaving and coming back that evening, I noticed that the side doors of the hotel were left wide open. The key card entry access was disabled, allowing anyone to enter the hotel. This left me feeling extremely uneasy about my personal safety. Overall - paying over $300 for a hotel stay that was unsafe and under construction is absolutely ridiculous!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
I am truly sorry that you were upset with our renovations that were in process improve our hotel.
We clearly advertised on our web page that we were doing renovations.
I guess you didn't notice it. Please come back and stay with us on your next
visit to the area. You will find a completely brand new hotel.
Woodmere, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

After reading some of the reviews on this inn, I was a little concerned about staying there, although the more recent reviews seem to have gotten better.

We had nice clean room with two queen beds and flat screen TV. We were very satisfied with the cleanliness of the room. No significant smells. Bathroom was fine. Reasonably up to date and clean. Everything worked. It was everything I would have expected from a motel of this type and much better than what I had read in some reviews. Forgot my toothbrush and they gave one to me.

There is construction and renovation going on. It did not impact us. You may want to ask for a room away from the renovation to be on the safe side. All rooms are non-smoking.

Negatives? Fan in the bathroom was noisy and in need of replacement. Water could be heard running through pipes in the walls.

Breakfast - I would describe it as adequate. Certainly nothing I would look forward to. Coffee was always available and was fine. Choice of cream, milk or 2%. Take-out cups. Eggs were pre-cooked round things. Blah but edible. OJ tasted funny. Waffles were fine (you make them yourself, so they were fresher than everything else). I had enough that I can say breakfast was OK but nothing to write home about.

Overall, the experience was as expected in this price range and category of motel. Given the descriptions of nearby motels, such as Howard Johnson's next door, I had very low expectations and was almost inclined to give it 4 stars. But when all is said and done, it was a perfectly average stay (which is as it should be).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our Hotel.
We are all so pleased that we met your expectations and delivered
an overall good stay. Please tell your friends and come stay with us any
time you visit Saugerties,NY. Again...Many Thanks!
Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

We never got a chance to stay in this hotel, but I will tell you they have a lousy cancellation policy. We had booked a room because we thought we might need to leave early for our ski trip to Vermont because there was a possibility of snow in our area. But the weather forecast changed and we didn't need to leave early. I called the day of our reservation in the morning to cancel our room and was told that the hotel has a 24-hour cancellation policy and they would not refund our money. I have never had a hotel not let you cancel the day of your reservation. Needless to say, we were very disappointed at this hotel's policy and this put a damper on our vacation. We will not be staying at a choice hotels property any time in the near future.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
I am so sorry that you do not agree with our Cancellation policy.
Your reservation was booked on line and you were advised that we had this policy in place.
Again we are sorry but there is nothing else that can be done.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

We had stayed at this establishment many years ago & it was nice.....NOT ANY MORE!
Our first room had a toilet that would not flush, shower curtain was filthy (mold and soap scum) the mini frig freezer section was covered in ice - no room to store anything. The night manager changed our room. In the second room the toilet worked but the shower curtain had same issues - filthy and the frig in this room had a freezer that had its door frozen shut & when we finally got it open it was full of food from a previous guest - again it was obvious no one even attempted to clean it. We once again informed the manager & asked to have someone clean it while we went to dinner. Apparently there was no housekeeping staff working in the evening so the manager changed our room for a third time. Unfortunately this room was no different. Filthy shower curtain (mold & soap scum) & dirty shower walls. Also bathroom wallpaper was badly peeling which would not be a deal breaker by itself. Freezer section of refrigerator in this third room was also full of frost & ice - couldn't use. Lamps in this room were quite dusty as well. At this point we were quite tired of changing rooms. I have to use a cane & all this going up & down the stairs was a bit much. We just needed to sleep (thankfully the beds were clean) so we stayed in this room. We used 2 different stairwells during our stay to get to our various rooms - carpeting in both were filthy - not only stained but visible removable dirt - had not been vacuumed in some time.
We did not eat the free breakfast - we didn't want to take a chance. We could only imagine how filthy their kitchen might be.
Upon checkout I once again expressed our disappointment, this time to the daytime manager, as I felt we should have been compensated somehow. He said he would talk to housekeeping, but was otherwise indifferent to our situation. We had to pay $130 plus tax for this horrible experience. It's just not right!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
After reading your review I was confused that THREE rooms could all have the same problems.
But that was what you stated. I am truly sorry that you had so much go wrong with your last stay.
We are in the process of remodeling the entire hotel and hope you will give us one more chance
and stay with us when you return to Saugerties, ny
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stayed at this Comfort Inn in saugerties ny about a year ago. It was quite pleasant the first time, The second time, I couldnt have asked for a better experience. The desk clerk Corey was more than helpful, he went above and beyond to make my stay enjoyable! My room was immaculate, the beds are the best beds ive encountered in my travels! Breakfast was great! We had sausage and eggs along with a cinnamon waffle. (so good!) The housekeeping staff was incredible, I spilled coffee on my bed in the morning, i called down to the front desk and housekeeping showed up promptly. Had everything changed and bed remade in 10 minutes. I will stay at this location every time i pass threw Saugerties ny.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank You...Thank You.....For all your wonderful comments!

I am happy that our staff was so efficient to meet your every needs.
It is always a pleasure to greet a returning guest and
make sure that they have a great stay once again.

Again....Thank You......

Been to Comfort Inn Saugerties? Share your experiences!