“stay away!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Saugerties
New York City, New York
“stay away!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

We had stayed at this establishment many years ago & it was nice.....NOT ANY MORE!
Our first room had a toilet that would not flush, shower curtain was filthy (mold and soap scum) the mini frig freezer section was covered in ice - no room to store anything. The night manager changed our room. In the second room the toilet worked but the shower curtain had same issues - filthy and the frig in this room had a freezer that had its door frozen shut & when we finally got it open it was full of food from a previous guest - again it was obvious no one even attempted to clean it. We once again informed the manager & asked to have someone clean it while we went to dinner. Apparently there was no housekeeping staff working in the evening so the manager changed our room for a third time. Unfortunately this room was no different. Filthy shower curtain (mold & soap scum) & dirty shower walls. Also bathroom wallpaper was badly peeling which would not be a deal breaker by itself. Freezer section of refrigerator in this third room was also full of frost & ice - couldn't use. Lamps in this room were quite dusty as well. At this point we were quite tired of changing rooms. I have to use a cane & all this going up & down the stairs was a bit much. We just needed to sleep (thankfully the beds were clean) so we stayed in this room. We used 2 different stairwells during our stay to get to our various rooms - carpeting in both were filthy - not only stained but visible removable dirt - had not been vacuumed in some time.
We did not eat the free breakfast - we didn't want to take a chance. We could only imagine how filthy their kitchen might be.
Upon checkout I once again expressed our disappointment, this time to the daytime manager, as I felt we should have been compensated somehow. He said he would talk to housekeeping, but was otherwise indifferent to our situation. We had to pay $130 plus tax for this horrible experience. It's just not right!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
After reading your review I was confused that THREE rooms could all have the same problems.
But that was what you stated. I am truly sorry that you had so much go wrong with your last stay.
We are in the process of remodeling the entire hotel and hope you will give us one more chance
and stay with us when you return to Saugerties, ny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stayed at this Comfort Inn in saugerties ny about a year ago. It was quite pleasant the first time, The second time, I couldnt have asked for a better experience. The desk clerk Corey was more than helpful, he went above and beyond to make my stay enjoyable! My room was immaculate, the beds are the best beds ive encountered in my travels! Breakfast was great! We had sausage and eggs along with a cinnamon waffle. (so good!) The housekeeping staff was incredible, I spilled coffee on my bed in the morning, i called down to the front desk and housekeeping showed up promptly. Had everything changed and bed remade in 10 minutes. I will stay at this location every time i pass threw Saugerties ny.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank You...Thank You.....For all your wonderful comments!

I am happy that our staff was so efficient to meet your every needs.
It is always a pleasure to greet a returning guest and
make sure that they have a great stay once again.

Again....Thank You......
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Obviously, the hotel was very short staffed. We tried to check-in at 3:30pm and were told our room wasn't ready yet, so we had to wait in the lobby. The next morning, I went to the front desk to get more towels (we only had 2 bath, 2 hand towels, and 2 wash cloths) and they said "I'm sorry but we're out of towels." What?! How does a hotel run out of clean towels??

We also noticed that the first light we turned on in the room had a very dirty lampshade - not sure what was on it. :(

Overall, this was not a good stay at this hotel; we're stayed here before, but this was a bad experience. I called the general manager after we got home to complain and left a voice mail. 3 days later, and he has not called me back yet. NOT happy!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
I am so sorry that your stay was not as good as your last,
I never received your voice mail. Yes it is true that that weekend
half of the housekeeping staff was out sick. I am sorry again that
your room was not ready when you arrived.. It was a big ski weekend and almost all
the rooms in the hotel had asked for extra towels. That is why when
you asked at 6.30 am for towels there were none clean
Again please give us another chance to show you that what
occurred was not the normal.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I have never been to a Comfort Inn before so I was weary based on the comments but I have to say, my stay was very good. I'd go back if I have work in the area again. The room and bathroom were clean (small stain on the carpet but not a big deal). The shower water was hot and the heat in the room worked great. The front desk person, whom I assumed was the manager was very courteous and helpful. I only stayed the night and was out long before the 11am check in so I didn't encounter the housekeeping staff. The location was great as it was right off the highway, our room was closer to the back so I didn't have problems with the highway noise. I didn't use the wireless internet but the TV was great with lots of channels. I also didn't stop for the free breakfast so I can't speak to that.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank You so much for your kind review. I hope you will stay with us many times in the future.
VALATIE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Talk about no frills. No elevator, no vending machines, no coffee past 10am, staff not helpful at all. I went to the desk looking for a vending machine for a beverage. No machines, the desk had bottled water for 1.25, I only had 1 dollar cash and a card. No go.......had to drink tap water. No one informed us there was breakfast, so we missed that too, and as I mentioned no coffee left. Paid $145.00 for one night, truly overpriced for the area. Not happy at all.

Room Tip: No tips......also, smelled very smokey.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
I am so sorry that you missed breakfast. There were signs at the front desk and in your room which displayed the breakfast hours. I guess you didn't see them. Coffee is always available at the breakfast counter. Yes it is true that we don't have an elevator... But we are having one installed in the beginning of next year. Again I am sorry that our vending machine was in need of restocking but we do have one.
Wayland, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Had just come from two nights in an Econo Lodge in the area, paid twice the price for 1/2 as good a facility. The lobby and breakfast areas are well done. The rooms have good furniture and are of adequate size. could use some new sheets and of course it is on the highway so there is some noise. Ask for a room that does not face highway. Well worth the very reasonable rates they charge.

Room Tip: ask for a room not facing the highway.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
The entire staff thanks you for your kind comments.
We love to hear from great guests like yourself.
Thank You Again !
Central Square, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed for one night with our dog. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The television worked well. The bathroom was clean and we had no trouble using the shower as others seemed to have in their reviews. The hotel staff was very nice. They have plenty of grass for walking the dog. The price of the room was a bit high but then all the motels in the area were over $100.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms #222 and #224, they are on either side of the stairwell. We heard people clunking their...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
It was a pleasure to read your review. Thank you.
Please come back and also tell your friends about this Comfort Inn.

Been to Comfort Inn Saugerties? Share your experiences!