“A decent place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 6 hotels in Saugerties
Long Island, NY
“A decent place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We often use this Comfort Inn while visiting grand children in Saugerties.. Rooms have always been clean and well maintained. This trip was no exception. (Jan 19th,2013) The breakfast dining room is a bit small if there is a 'run on it' for breakfast. This trip , we grabbed our eats and headed for our room . At least there was a place to sit . Staff are courteous. The breakfast is a standard .Make your own waffles, scrambled eggs are provided with asst bagels, fruit, danishes, juices, coffee & tea, etc. More than ample to get you on the road. A coffee /Tea setup is available 24 hrs for guests and it wasn't bad either. There is a small but ample refridge that actually works. No micro wave. TV is OK, but since we're hardly in the room , we didn't use it.. This was January but the room was warm, so we turned the A/C on and both features both worked very well and was pretty quiet. This is a PET FRIENDLY motel. That fee was waived by the young friendly clerk on duty. The bathrooms were clean & maintained and everything worked including plenty of hot water.. Beds were comfortable. Ample parking front & back.
There is a Howard Johnson next door to this place. We used it once when the Comfort Inn was full. We left with a case of bed bug bites. Never again.
The Comfort Inn has been around a while, but all in all it's pretty decent for our needs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
It was a pleasure to read your review. I am so happy that you return to our hotel each time you visit Saugerties. Thank you and looking forward to your next visit.

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Brooklyn, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Some friends and I stayed a couple nights here while skiing at Windham Mountain.

The rooms aren't fancy, but they're big, and our double Queen bed room had a desk, couch and coffee table too.

The bathroom was fine for four people. We had a fridge in our room as well. Plenty of places to plug stuff in/charge our electronics.

The location is good, right off the highway, close to a diner, close to gas and other essentials -- pizza, Stewarts, CVS, etc.

I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Like I said, the double Queen bed room was nice and big, with extra furniture too.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Please stay with us again when you return to the area. Saugerties is a year round destination with many events taking place.
Thank You.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I was at the end of a three day whirlwind trip from Virginia to New Hampshire with a stop on the way up in NYC. I was on the go visiting, touring, driving in snow, etc. and I was TIRED! It was 6:00 and I knew I'd want to quit by the time I reached expensive Westchester area hotels so I stopped early at this hotel to get triple points on my loyalty plan. The elderly gentleman referred to in an earlier review was there. He was kind and helpful and gave me a small discount on his originally quoted price. He recommended a diner around the corner (obviously not the one next door at the Howard Johnon's) that was worth the visit. Since I was alone on this part of the trip, he suggested the king size bed room that was comfortable. The room was a little close to the entrance, but that was ok. The bed was a little hard for my taste, but not uncomfortable. I got the rest I needed.
The TV did only have a few channels, but that is no problem since I use Netflix on my tablet anyway. What really gives this an average rating is the breakfast. It had limited choices and some of the apples were bruised. My breakfast was filling and I went on my way. Not a memorable stay, but that's not what I wanted. I got the rest I needed, ate at a fantastic diner, and made it back to Virginia later than I wanted, but properly rested.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
I am glad you got the rest you needed and got home safe. Thank you for your review
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn for a weekend, and our stay was very nice. The room was clean, and we enjoyed having the refrigerator in the room too. The morning breakfast was great - lots of choices! We will stay here again when we come to the area. The only bad thing was that I had to call the hotel after we got home, because I thought they overcharged me. The man at the front desk who answered the phone got upset enough with me that he hung up on me; I had to call back. We got it straightened out, but it was still unnecessary to hang up on a customer!

Room Tip: Closer to the lobby and the breakfast is good!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry there was some confusion about your bill.
I hope you stay with us again
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Traveler beware! Where do I begin... The lobby is dark and red with the smell of dog. The front desk is staffed with frail older gentlemen that need a refresher in customer service. The room is a typical low-end comfort inn without a microwave and only five channels (not HD) on the TV. My experience with the continental breakfast was stale bread and warm orange juice. I wish I had a positive experience to share with you but I just...oh wait, there were plenty of open parking spaces available.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
I am a little confused by your comments.
No where in the building are the walls or furniture
the color red.We do have more than four or five channels
on cable tv and our breakfast is put out fresh daily.
I hope you didn't confuse us with some other hotel
you stayed at.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Geeat location just off the highway. We stopped here on our way back to New York. The room was clean, the staff very friendly, gave out treats to our dog as we were getting our coffee and breakfast. Lots of breakfast options, comfortable beds. Good value for a night's sleep.

• Stayed November 2012
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
It was apleasure to read your review.
I hope we see you and you pets in the future.
ny
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

my family & i have stayed here twice, once in the summer, when our stay was ok, and once this fall, when our stay was pretty bad. both times, we were surprised to find that the hotel lobby reeks of smoke whenever a particular employee is behind the front desk (not a guest as the manager has previously claimed). it is so bad that if your room is near the lobby, simply turning on your bathroom fan is enough to draw the smoke into your room. that would be our only complaint concerning our first stay, but our second stay was a bit worse. our room was dirty, worst of all one of the bedspreads. it had 3 large fresh stains on it...disgusting! i called the front desk & was told that they didn't have any extra clean ones, that they had already had to replace 4 dirty ones that day & we would just have to remove it! yuck! a few of the towels were also stained. there was a cigarette burn (hole) in the curtain of our non smoking room, and even the phone was dirty. on the positive side, the employees were all courteous & kind, most especially the breakfast lady, whose name i believe was judy. the waffles are the best part of breakfast, and the laundry machines are very handy. the location is super convenient. this could be a much better place with a much stricter emphasis on cleanliness and of course without the smoke wafting out from behind the desk.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
I am so sorry that you did not have a good stay. Your comments will be addressed
and changes will be made. Thank you

Been to Comfort Inn Saugerties? Share your experiences!