“Enjoyable Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Saugerties
Cleveland, Ohio
“Enjoyable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn for a weekend, and our stay was very nice. The room was clean, and we enjoyed having the refrigerator in the room too. The morning breakfast was great - lots of choices! We will stay here again when we come to the area. The only bad thing was that I had to call the hotel after we got home, because I thought they overcharged me. The man at the front desk who answered the phone got upset enough with me that he hung up on me; I had to call back. We got it straightened out, but it was still unnecessary to hang up on a customer!

Room Tip: Closer to the lobby and the breakfast is good!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry there was some confusion about your bill.
I hope you stay with us again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Traveler beware! Where do I begin... The lobby is dark and red with the smell of dog. The front desk is staffed with frail older gentlemen that need a refresher in customer service. The room is a typical low-end comfort inn without a microwave and only five channels (not HD) on the TV. My experience with the continental breakfast was stale bread and warm orange juice. I wish I had a positive experience to share with you but I just...oh wait, there were plenty of open parking spaces available.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
I am a little confused by your comments.
No where in the building are the walls or furniture
the color red.We do have more than four or five channels
on cable tv and our breakfast is put out fresh daily.
I hope you didn't confuse us with some other hotel
you stayed at.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Geeat location just off the highway. We stopped here on our way back to New York. The room was clean, the staff very friendly, gave out treats to our dog as we were getting our coffee and breakfast. Lots of breakfast options, comfortable beds. Good value for a night's sleep.

• Stayed November 2012
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
It was apleasure to read your review.
I hope we see you and you pets in the future.
ny
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

my family & i have stayed here twice, once in the summer, when our stay was ok, and once this fall, when our stay was pretty bad. both times, we were surprised to find that the hotel lobby reeks of smoke whenever a particular employee is behind the front desk (not a guest as the manager has previously claimed). it is so bad that if your room is near the lobby, simply turning on your bathroom fan is enough to draw the smoke into your room. that would be our only complaint concerning our first stay, but our second stay was a bit worse. our room was dirty, worst of all one of the bedspreads. it had 3 large fresh stains on it...disgusting! i called the front desk & was told that they didn't have any extra clean ones, that they had already had to replace 4 dirty ones that day & we would just have to remove it! yuck! a few of the towels were also stained. there was a cigarette burn (hole) in the curtain of our non smoking room, and even the phone was dirty. on the positive side, the employees were all courteous & kind, most especially the breakfast lady, whose name i believe was judy. the waffles are the best part of breakfast, and the laundry machines are very handy. the location is super convenient. this could be a much better place with a much stricter emphasis on cleanliness and of course without the smoke wafting out from behind the desk.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
I am so sorry that you did not have a good stay. Your comments will be addressed
and changes will be made. Thank you
Bronxville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

After staying in a less than stellar hotel in Danbury, CT during the height of the power outage, it was a huge relief checking into the Comfort Inn - Saugerties on Saturday, November 3rd. Not only was the entire staff incredibly welcoming and competent, our room and the entire hotel was spotless. Despite some of the earlier reviews, we found the common areas of the hotel and guest rooms to be in impeccable condition with large, flat screen LCD televisions and very comfortable beds. I have been to a wide variety of hotels at various ends of the price spectrum, and I have yet to see such a clean hotel room and friendly staff. We had excellent connectivity to WIFI, so I was able to catch up on work from my laptop computer. The shower faucett is a little confusing to use at first, however there was plenty of hot water and the water pressure was excellent.

The hotel is strategically located near the Saugerties Thruway exit and is visible from the highway. Kingston is just a 10 minute drive south on the Thruway for additional restaurants and shopping (although the historic district in downtown Saugerties is chocked full of mom-and-pop stores, boutiques, and restaurants). Despite close proximity to Interstate 87, I didn't hear any noise and the hotel's park-like grounds were an added bonus. We look forward to returning in the near future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Your review of our hotel made all the staff take pride in the hotel. It is a great
feeling when you know everything was perfect for a guest. Thank you again
Bronx, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

The room was very comfortable, and clean. I did have a problem with the WiFi, that was not resolved during my stay, but the assistance from the Front Desk was very helpful. The area had places to eat, so the Hotel is not in the middle of nowhere. I would stay here again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post such good comments about our hotel.
Please tell all your friends and our hotel and area.
east coast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The room was spacious. Beds comfy. Carpet bit stained. Bathroom was a bit dirty and small. But for the most part a decent night stay. Went down for breakfast next morning and no where to sit. In the hallway basically. They need to make a separate room like most other hotels. A bit too pricey for what u get. Cost 159 a night.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
I am sorry that our breakfast area was full when you came to
breakfast. I will take your suggestion about increasing the
breakfast area to corporate headquarters..

Been to Comfort Inn Saugerties? Share your experiences!