“Favorite Comfort Inn; Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Saugerties
Bronxville, New York
“Favorite Comfort Inn; Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

After staying in a less than stellar hotel in Danbury, CT during the height of the power outage, it was a huge relief checking into the Comfort Inn - Saugerties on Saturday, November 3rd. Not only was the entire staff incredibly welcoming and competent, our room and the entire hotel was spotless. Despite some of the earlier reviews, we found the common areas of the hotel and guest rooms to be in impeccable condition with large, flat screen LCD televisions and very comfortable beds. I have been to a wide variety of hotels at various ends of the price spectrum, and I have yet to see such a clean hotel room and friendly staff. We had excellent connectivity to WIFI, so I was able to catch up on work from my laptop computer. The shower faucett is a little confusing to use at first, however there was plenty of hot water and the water pressure was excellent.

The hotel is strategically located near the Saugerties Thruway exit and is visible from the highway. Kingston is just a 10 minute drive south on the Thruway for additional restaurants and shopping (although the historic district in downtown Saugerties is chocked full of mom-and-pop stores, boutiques, and restaurants). Despite close proximity to Interstate 87, I didn't hear any noise and the hotel's park-like grounds were an added bonus. We look forward to returning in the near future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Your review of our hotel made all the staff take pride in the hotel. It is a great
feeling when you know everything was perfect for a guest. Thank you again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bronx, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

The room was very comfortable, and clean. I did have a problem with the WiFi, that was not resolved during my stay, but the assistance from the Front Desk was very helpful. The area had places to eat, so the Hotel is not in the middle of nowhere. I would stay here again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post such good comments about our hotel.
Please tell all your friends and our hotel and area.
east coast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The room was spacious. Beds comfy. Carpet bit stained. Bathroom was a bit dirty and small. But for the most part a decent night stay. Went down for breakfast next morning and no where to sit. In the hallway basically. They need to make a separate room like most other hotels. A bit too pricey for what u get. Cost 159 a night.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
I am sorry that our breakfast area was full when you came to
breakfast. I will take your suggestion about increasing the
breakfast area to corporate headquarters..
Saugerties, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

The rooms are branded 'accessible' if they have an iota of a handi- cap option like a safety bar. I recently became debilitated due to cancer. I am a local woman who needed a handi- capped accessible shower as my home is NOT equipped yet. I live 2 miles from The Comfort Inn so I thought this would be a viable option JUST to get a shower. I called ahead to see if they would work on the pricing with me due to my circumstances. I planned to only use bathroom and be in and out, in an hour, tops. Guess what? NO discount other than something called a 'Travelers Discount' of $89 nt plus tax! And, this amount only when I pushed it. Apparently, the Travelers rate cannot be reserved, its a 'walk in' rate. So, they really did NOTHING for a local in need! Totally unwilling to work with me. To top it off, the bathroom facilities were dirty...mold on the shower holder, a very narrow tub (handi cap accessible? Really?), barely enough space to get into BR with a wheelchair...it was all VERY challenging for me and my husband (helper!) and I immediately felt bad for all the people who really count on these facilities to live a somewhat normal life. Handi Cap people travel too!! I've only had an issue for a month. THIS SAID; A family member of mine contacted THE COURTYARD MARRIOT in Kingston, NY and discussed the situation. THEY offered their top of the line 'roll in' handi cap bathroom/shower FREE of use to me as long as I use it between check out and check in. I tried it out today..and it was awesome! THIS place knows how to treat people...not only someone in need, like me, but handi capped folks in general. With dignity!

As local homeowners, we will NEVER recommend The Comfort Inn of Saugerties!! Yuck.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
I am truly sorry that you found our handicap room too small for your
needs. We do not have roll in showers and I believed you
should have been told this. I am pleased that the Courtyard Marriot was able
to come to your rescue.
Forest Hills, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stay at this hotel every year for the garlic festival. It is convenient; just off 87, ten minute drive to the festival and a short drive to town and great restaurants. Check in was fast and easy. The receptionist Brice was friendly.

All the staff seemed friendly and greeted us with a smile. We stayed on the second floor; it was quiet. The room was clean, except soap scum in the shower; I easely cleaned it myself. Beds comfy with fluffy pillows and good towels. The flat screenTV had great reception. Refrigerator, coffee maker, iron\board. hair-dryer in room. The air-conditioner worked well. No elevator. Had to carry our heavy luggage up the stairs.

The women that worked the breakfast area was so effeciant; she was friendly and very helpful. Asking guests if she could get them anything and kept the area so clean. Breakfast was complimentary, good and plentiful. It was nice to be offered proteins at breakfast, not the typical carbohydrate breakfast: Both hot and cold foods were offered: make your own waffles, hard boiled and scrambled eggs, sausage patties, fruit, cold cereal, muffins, pastry, yogurt, bagels, bread, tea (Lipton only) and coffee (regular and decaf), juice, milk (whole and 2%) and juices.

Complimentary items, like tooth brushes were usually given upon request, but this stay they were all out. I asked for an extra blanket and was disapointed when told that none were left.

The rates are a bit high, so please use your AAA or AARP benefits if you have them. I would recommend this hotel if you want or need to stay in the town of Saugerties.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are quieter but no elevator. Avoid rooms close to reception on the first floor...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for all your GREAT comments about our hotel.
We are pleased to serve our guests and are even more pleased that
you recommend us as the place to saty in Saugerties, ny
please come back again next year.
Southwest Harbor, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Negative Impression.
We have visited this hotel because of the horse show. Rates were higher that usual

1) The bathtub was dirty.
2) The furniture was covered with dust
3) The sheets were wrinkled.
4) AC produced stale air.
5)At breakfast boiled eggs were served without shell

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
I am sorry that your room was not perfect when you checked in.
It should have been.
When you reported it to me all the problems were corrected at once
and for your inconvenience I reduced your room rate.
Yes it is true all hotels in the area have higher rates when the Horseshows
are taking place, but that is true anywhere in the country where a special event
is taking place. Again please accept my apology.
Quebec City, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed at this hotel last January and found it pretty good. It's just off the highway and in January, the price was good! In July, I found the price to be pretty high and the rooms we got this time around were so,so. Our rooms were on the first floor and needed updating. The clerk at the front dest was smoking and although we had non-smoking rooms, we could smell the cigarette smoke as soon as we stepped out into the hallway.
The breakfast was very basic. Continental style with a choice of egg patty or sausage patty, yogurt, hard boiled eggs and waffle makers.
We might stay here again but would make sure to ask for second floor rooms with 2 queen beds and pul out sofa like our stay in January.

Room Tip: 2 queen beds + pull out sofa was nice (January trip) 2nd floor 2 queen beds older, needs updating...