“Simply The Best!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Saugerties
Chicago, Illinois
“Simply The Best!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Stopped traveling threw the area, and was quite surprised!!! Loved this hotel, friendly, and knowledgeable! The man at the desk went above and beyond to get me where i was going as i didn't know the area well.. Breakfast was GREAT!!! Will definitely stay again when i return to Saugerties!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
I am alway pleased to heatfrom guests who have stayed at our hotel.
Thank you for writing. WE ALWAYS TRY TO MAKE EACH GUEST FEEL SPECIAL BECAUSE TO US YOU ARE.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

Me and my family stayed 1 night house keepers knock at 9am then keep comming back to irrate like give people til the check out time food was gross and stale hallways and stair wells dirty and stunk don't even get me started on speaking with any kind of management rude self centered not very friendly the rooms were not clean my sheets were dirty hair in my bathroom tonier constantly ran shower leaked never again will I stay here

• Stayed June 2012
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
It is truly upsetting to me that your last stay at our hotel was not up to
your expectations. I am sorry that you were disturbed by the housekeepers
at such an early hour and that your room was not perfect.. They have been spoken
too about your comments. I am also sorry that you didn’t mention your problems
to the front desk. We would have moved you immediately or upgraded you to a
larger different room. If you come back to Saugerties, NY please give us another chance
to show you a perfect stay.

Peter LaScala
Poughkeepsie, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Stayed one night while attending Tap NY at Hunter Mountain. Check in was very easy, and we went straight to our room to check it out. We were pleasantly surprised at how nice the room was. Nice flat screen tv, two queen beds. Every things was clean and in good shape. Nice linens and towels. Plenty of pillows. A small fridge. Everything we needed.

Breakfast was more than adequate. We had a freshly made waffle, bagels, nice fresh coffee and a hard boiled egg. They also provided the other usual breakfast items, cereal, yogurt, sausage, eggs, pastries, juice, etc. The area was nice and clean and kept stocked.

This is a pet friendly hotel. So we did hear some barking. It was not a big factor, but the dog next door was a little noisy at one point, and I mentioned it to the front desk guy and he took care of it right away.

We would not hesitate to stay here again. Overall a very positive experience.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
It was a pleasure to read your comments about our hotel. I thank you for them.
I hope you stay with us again in the near future.
Babylon NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

We recently were in Saugerties for 4 days at a High School Hockey Tournament,and the Comfort Inn was just great.The staff was was very accommodating to our special needs and requests.We will surely go back in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased that we meet all of your needs. Please stay
with us again when you are in the area.
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

This hotel was all in all ok. The rooms were clean and comfortable, average in size. Be careful as they play games with rates, I called two times and was given a third price when I showed up. Spoke to the evening clerk and he matched the earlier rate that I was given. Breakfast was skimpy although they did have the usual waffles. Upon checkout they would Not accept $100.00 bills, on a Sunday morning this was a problem and I wound up paying with a credit card.

Room Tip: Check out the rates at the holiday inn next door!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
I am truly sorry that there was a rate misunderstanding. Sometimes rate do change but I hope you were satisfied that you were given the original rate that you said you were quoted. We have had a lot of problems with counterfeit one hundred dollar bills in the area. That is the reason we have posted a sign at the check in desk advising guests of the problem. I truly appreciate you taking the time to express your comments on trip adviser
Burlington VT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012 via mobile

This is a very good value for the area at $81 plus tax, with my AAA discount. Clean room, pleasant and efficient staff. Two negatives for me; the lobby is smoky, and the traffic sounds are loud. Did I mention this is right off 87? Many will stay here because of its proximity to the thruway, as I did, to get a quick start the next morning. The breakfast is pretty std with Comfort inns; this one could use an oatmeal option. A safe bet, and the non smoking room did not smell of smoke.

• Stayed March 2012
Thank you for your comments about our hotel. We are located next to the highway and yes some guests are sensitive to the traffic sounds. I hope you will return often and request a room on the opposite side of the building.
Berwick, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

This was actually a pleasant stay. They let us inspect the rooms first and they were very clean.
There were no sign of bugs or any other unpleasant sights. The rooms even smelled clean, it was quiet and comfortable. The room was nice and warm and we even had adjoining rooms which made it convenient. They told us we can even ask for the same rooms if they are available. Its was a very nice hotel and reasonable price! The internet service even worked great. One of the best experiences we have had in a while and we have stayed at quite a few hotels. Now we know where we can stay and be comfortable and
satisfied.!!

Room Tip: see if you can inspect the rooms before you commit to anything!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your wonderful comments about our hotel.
I hope you will make this your home base when you are in this area, ...THANK YOU!

Been to Comfort Inn Saugerties? Share your experiences!