Requested Non-Smoking although the adjoining room was smoking and it kept filtering into my room through the door so wasn't happy with smelling cigarettes for most the stay. The shower curtain was on a curved bar that didn't keep the curtain closed--kept sliding together toward the middle so couldn't help but end up with a puddle on the bathroom floor. The heater unit was very noisy--not very soothing, but to the point you needed to turn it off to hear a phone conversation at a normal rate. Plus it didn't get very warm regardless of turning it on high or low...more like loud or very loud. The sheets/ comforters has spots of blood or other fluids but were clean--no crumbs, wrinkles, and clearly smelled bleached. The evening desk staff member was friendly but the morning one wasn't for smiling. The restaurant servers were friendly and accommodating but ATM was out of service. $80- AAA rate midweek---a little high for the condition of the place overall.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Hotel
- Howard Johnson Hotel Saugerties
- Howard Johnson Saugerties
- Saugerties Howard Johnson
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Energy Star Certified and a Proud Member of the Green Business BureauHoward Johnson Inn - Saugerties hotel is conveniently located off Interstate 87. Our newly updated hotel near the Catskill Mountains offers all you need for an exciting trip to upstate New York. Take advantage of the handy perks we offer, like free Wi-Fi Internet, in-room microwaves and refrigerators, guest laundry, heated indoor pool, restaurant and large-vehicle parking. Enjoy free coffee, cappuccino and hot chocolate, available 24 hours a day in our lobby. Handicapped-accessible and non-smoking rooms are available, and kids 17 and under stay free with an adult. Book online today.LOCAL ATTRACTIONSCatch a kid-friendly live show at the Arm-of-the-Sea Theater or a movie at the Orpheum Theater. To learn something new, discover Opus 40 and the Quarryman’s Museum, historic Kiersted House, or the American Legion Museum. Spend time in the scenic Catskill Mountains, Cantine Dam Falls, Seamon Park or Esopus Bend Nature Preserve.Head to Kiwanis Ice Arena to watch a hockey game or enjoy public skating. Stroll along Saugerties Village Beach in the summer or hit the slopes in the winter at Windham and Hunter mountains. Get a bargain at nearby Hudson Valley Mall. No matter when you visit, do not forget to check out the variety of annual events like horse shows, music festivals and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Wyndham, Tingo, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn - Saugerties reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.