“This place was spectacular!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 63 Restaurants in Saugerties
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“This place was spectacular!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This place is spectacular!! Beyond my expectations!!! It has a very comfortable atmosphere with an amazing an welcoming staff! The food was cooked very well and flavorful!! The chef did and amazing job! I highly recommend going here for any type of Italian meal!

Saddle River, New Jersey
“Regular italian food like you'd get at a diner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This place is ok if you want big portions and nice service. It's a real old fashioned italian place, with reasonable prices and lots of food. Went once before and thought it was better than it was the second time. It's hard to find good reasonable italian around there but I would rather next time go elsewhere and pay more.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hudson, New York
“So overrated: Italian diner food - but staff very gracious”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I don't understand all the raves. This was just pricey diner food. Everything had a thick gravy. Wine by the glass was mediocre. The staff made us feel very comfortable, but the food just didn't make it. There are many good restaurants in the area. Go instead to Land & Sea Grill for an upscale meal, go to New World Cafe for excellent food and comfy atmosphere, go to The Dutch Ale House for Tavern food, go to Cafe Mezzaluna for an offbeat atmosphere and good food, go to Love Bites for inventive brunch fare, excellent service, and the best coffee in Saugerties - go even to the slightly overrated Miss Lucy's Cafe which can be very good.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lyons Falls, New York
“Very Very Good Job”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

WOW, I was certainly impressed and that is an undertaking in its self! We called to make reservations at first for four and they were gracious, we then had to call back and add another person! No problem. In fact when we got there 15 minutes early our table was waiting! Can you beat that - NOPE! Then we were waited on quickly and it got better from there. The food was very good and they did make a substitution for one of our guests. From the hospitatility to the food to the atmosphere was enjoyable. Great JOB! When we go back we will definitely visit again!

• Visited December 2012
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“A truly excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We arrived at Emiliani's tired and discouraged after a very long journey and having to change hotels at the last minute. We were hungry, and I was not too sure if they could help us, because I have allergies and the menu says 'no substitutions'. However, I needn't have worried.

I'm pretty sure it was the proprietor himself who served us, and he simply could not have been more helpful. By the time we left, we had had a conversation in Italian (he was extremely kind about my level of competence and my accent) and felt as if we'd made a friend.

The food was superb and plentiful. The chef made me a variant of lemon chicken which was absolutely delicious and served me for breakfast the next day, too!

Authentic and genuine Italian cuisine with caring and very friendly hosts. I'd definitely recommend this restaurant. I'd certainly go back if we were in the area again!

• Visited October 2012