“Can't Go Wrong with a Hot Dog” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 62 Restaurants in Saugerties
Havertown, Pennsylvania
“Can't Go Wrong with a Hot Dog”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

My husband and I were doing some antiquing in Saugerties and were actually just looking for a restroom and the owner of an antique shop sent us across the street to Dallas Hot Wieners. We decided to stay and have a hot dog. The hot dogs are boiled but you can ask them to put it on the grill for you and they call that "well done". I think that if I were to go back again that I would ask them to put the bun on the grill too. They heat them but after they put the relish on the bun, it gets soggy. We also ordered french fries which were very good and a single order was enough for two of us. The coffee was lousy... I asked if they had ice cream and the waitress almost apologized that they only had vanilla and chocolate - not the best ice cream either so if I wanted creamy ice cream, I would go somewhere else. However, you cannot beat the prices!

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Hudson Valley NY
“Don't let the name keep you away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

I'm a vegetarian and I love to eat at Dallas when I'm in Saugerties.

There are plenty of cafes and more upscale places to eat in the village, but for a quick, delicious, INEXPENSIVE meal you can't go wrong here. This is where many of the local eat.

The menu is simple, but they seem to have a few vegetarian choices and one or two healthy choices in addition to hot dogs with any toppings, fries, and the best onion rings I have ever had. They have a variety of sandwiches and side orders.

Our party of 4 ate lunch for about $20 plus tip. Not many sit down places you can do that. It's much better than fast food, but not expensive.

The place is always clean, and the staff has always been friendly and efficient.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
maxpowerNY
“Best Hot Dog in NY.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2009

This place is an area favorite. Great spot for a quick lunch. Their Hot Weiners are the best I've ever had - with mustard, onions, and their special sauce. When visiting town, this is a must-visit restaurant. During special events and parades (4th of July), they seem to be always open...... Located in the center of town - Window seats are great for people watching!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“ok food... not that impressive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2008

ok food... not that impressive