“Pricey but Delicious” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Red Onion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 62 Restaurants in Saugerties
Cross street: Glasco Turnpike
Saugerties, New York
“Pricey but Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

This is the place I go when I'm up for spending a lot of money on dinner but know I will enjoy everything I order. I've been here twice with large and small groups and no one has been disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

NJ
“Just average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Based upon reviews we ate here for dinner. The food was good, but the restaurant was crowded, noisy and just average. I didn't think it lived up to its reputation and found it a bit pricey for the atmosphere it provides and the food they serve!

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bridgewater
“Foliage and good eats - What could be better?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

It lived up to its reputation...Visiting Saugerties, NY for the first time, and saw the great reviews, so we gave this place a try. As soon as we settled in, the waitress brought out a lovely glass of complimentary champagne (I had mentioned when reserving that it was our anniversary),and that just started the evening right. The Thai Mussels were small, but we didn't care a hoot, as they were succulent, and the broth was so good I almost brought the bowl to my face to get every last drop...I had the steak - very tasty and tender. My wife had a Thai veggie dish with shrimp in a curry sauce. If I say that she was orgasmic over the sauce it came in, I barely overstate how she responded. The service was excellent, the room had a nice warm, wood décor. A terrific experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Long island NY
“Outside Sitting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Excellent Excellent Service. Especially on a chilly October 19 Saturday night. Outside sitting was perfect. The waitress knew what to recommend and knew her menu well.

We managed to get reservations early thanks to our friend and also TA reviewer. I had the Steak which was one of the best I've ever had. I've had it medium rare and the flavor just blossomed throughout my taste buds. The Arugula salad was perfect with the right amount of cheese. I managed to get two forked servings of my wife's vegetable curry! Perfect spices to warm the palate on a cold Saturday night! My daughter loved the dessert - yep she had the assorted cookies!!

I am surprised that this establishment was packed from the time we arrived up until the time we left after finishing a full course meal and coffee! The customers continue to flock into the restaurant!!

We definitely will come back again when we are in town!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Long Island, NY
“Great Bar Scene”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

And the food is great too... we got to sample a few dishes and enjoyed the bar "regulars" a couple of nights during our stay in Woodstock- Thankfully we were told by a waitress at Cucina about the Red Onion, since it is not listed under the top Woodstock restaurants - TA should do something about that!

Take the time - make the short trip east on 212 out of Woodstock - you won't be sorry!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere