“My First Bed and Breakfast and it was the Best!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Villa at Saugerties

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saugerties
The Villa at Saugerties
You added The Villa at Saugerties to your Saves list
159 Fawn Rd., Saugerties, NY 12477   |
Ranked #13 of 15 Saugerties B&B and Inns
Bronx, New York
“My First Bed and Breakfast and it was the Best!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2004

I had been trying to get away for the weekend to a nice bed and breakfast with my boyfriend and after countles hours of searching I finally found The Villa at Saugerties. I went around the 2nd week of December when the weather wasn't too cold. This place is not like the other B & B I saw on the net. Many of those were in doilie overkill or had the curtains matching the bedspead, matching the wallpaper, etc. Or worse they looked too "homey" and I knew I would have felt uncomfortable thinking I have to sleep in "Cousin Joe's" bed.

This place was AWESOME. The room we had was gorgeous and relaxing. It had a sliding door so we could look right into the woods or have our own private entrance even though we always went through the front door.
I'm a city girl but I really can't wait to go back! The owners are a young couple from NYC and they decorated the place to have a nice warm feel but having a clean chic "W Hotel" vibe. The place has a great fireplace and at night they gave us a complimentary glass of wine.
Definately set the ROMANTIC MOOD! My boyfriend and I played the WORST CASE SCENERIO GAME (I would definately not make it) and during the day we headed out to Hunter Mntn. for snowboarding, which is about 10 miles away. Some advice, don't go snowboarding if there hasn't been any snow.
There was lots of ice on the mountain and I managed to slip and crack my nose. Although it hurt REALLY bad we made the best of it and still had a nice time.

We had a great room called the "Shiyou" and was decorate just as beautidul as the other rooms. The room next to our was the "Solarium" which has a HUGE window with a great view but the bathroom room for that was located just outside the room. The other guests were really nice couples from NYC and it was great getting to meet all of them.
There's really good restaraunts close by but if you get some craving at night don't worry. This places offers complientary cookies! Yes, my boyfriend and I stole them all. There's a pool in the back so I'll be back in the summer. And if you can believe it there's even a couple of chickens and a peahen to keep the charm! Richard and Aimee (the owners) were the best hosts and really sweet couple. YOU MUST TRY THIS PLACE .
YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!! :)

• Stayed December 2003

Families

Been to The Villa at Saugerties? Share your experiences!