“A great retreat from the hustle and bustle” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Villa at Saugerties

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saugerties
The Villa at Saugerties
You added The Villa at Saugerties to your Saves list
159 Fawn Rd., Saugerties, NY 12477   |
Ranked #13 of 15 Saugerties B&B and Inns
Florida
“A great retreat from the hustle and bustle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2007

This was the perfect get-away. The solace of the grounds was just what I needed. The B&B was clean, the service friendly and timely and the breakfast was great. Aimee, the manager/owner, coordinated everything with a professional yet friendly demeanor, giving more than adequate information regarding the area.

Stayed November 2007

Families
Buffalo, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2007

Not a smooth booking through their own website, it took a while to get the confirmation. The directions to the place are OK if you are not driving in the dark (Canine Country Club is NOT a big sign). Room was only OK. The room was not clean during our entire three days stay. Breakfast was fine. We had the feeling that Aimee, the owner, was a bit over her head at times.

• Liked — country setting
  • Disliked — tiny room
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2007

This inn is very nice and very different from the ordinary B&B. If you are looking for a place with a sense of style, this is the place for you. I did however find the atmosphere to be a little “odd”. I never saw the other guests and the innkeeper wasn’t around for the first 2 days of my visit. There were beverages and food left for the guests, but the note in the kitchen explaining what charges applied to was very confusing. I almost got the sense that the innkeeper’s interest in the place had waned.

• Liked — the sense of style the place had
  • Disliked — innkeeper didn't seem interested
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2006

I stayed at the villa the last weekend in April. It was a little gift to my boyfriend for having a rough month. After a hellish 4 and a half hour ride from the city (mapquest sucks) we arrived at this beautiful villa in the country. Amy welcomed us and showed us to our room (the solarium) and gave us a little tour and showed us the attractions book. The room was lovely, a bit small but the complimentary vodka and wine made up for it. Saugerties is a really artsy town with lots of galleries, antique and chocolate shops. The first night we ate at the red onion. The menu was limited but the food was really good. The next night we ate at the bear cafe (make reservations for the weekend, things fill up fast). The service was excellent, food not as good for me as the red onion. My boyfriend and I never woke up early enough for breakfast so I didn't get to experience Amy's cooking, but her cookies, always available, were great. There was always bottled water and perrier in the fridge. And there were books to read and board games to play. I look forward to coming back with my sweetie when the weather gets a little warmer. Oh and book early, when I called to book "the studio" in march I was told it wasn't available for a weekend until mid-june. Just two weeks later I was told it wasn't available until mid-august. I just got in for the last room (the solarium) when I called. The place was booked that weekend. I'm hoping to get the studio before the summer ends.

• Stayed April 2006
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2006

This B&B was excellent! The facilities are very clean and new, and not at all rickety like the many other B&Bs I've stayed at. The hosts are also very friendly, welcoming and hip, and make you feel at home and relaxed for a weekend away from the chaos that can be NYC. If you like small towns, nature, clean air, and relaxing, I highly recommend the Villa. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2006
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2006

Went for the weekend and had such a wonderful time. It was above and beyond what I expected. I definitley recommend it for a quick get away. I cant wait to go back this summer! aimee is an exceptional cook and both richard and aimee are very warm and friendly. the town itself is so cute! def. hit river rock health spa, the lighthouse (beyond romantic) and bear cafe. just adds to the magic of saugerties, of and cafe with love...makes the best Cappuccino and Nutella sandwich! Again, i had a wonderful time.... and all the rooms are so W hotel. Cant wait to go back!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2005

The Villa at Saugerties is a perfect spot for a getaway. We spent three nights there and could have easily spent many more. Aimee and Richard are warm, inviting hosts who will answer any questions but give you all the space you need. Breakfast is not just a meal there but an ideal way to start the day with the sun shining in the open windows and jazz playing in the background. Each day spent exploring the towns nearby was capped by a late afternoon nap on the hammock. We can't wait to return! P.S. The Red Onion restaurant is a great place for dinner.

• Stayed September 2005

Been to The Villa at Saugerties? Share your experiences!